Today, Oct. 10, the United States Mint released a set for collectors containing 10 circulating-quality quarters that celebrate national sites in Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, and Rhode Island.
Named the 2018 America the Beautiful Quarters Circulating Coin Set™, the collectible pairs 5 quarters from the Denver Mint with 5 quarters from the Philadelphia Mint. These are the same two facilities that are tasked with making U.S. coins for circulation.
This year’s quarters celebrate national sites with reverse designs emblematic of:
- Michigan’s Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Minnesota’s Voyageurs National Park.
- Georgia’s Cumberland Island National Seashore.
- Rhode Island’s Block Island National Wildlife Refuge.
The U.S. Mint’s series of America the Beautiful Quarters® was introduced in 2010. Since then, companion quarter products have been released annually for collectors. Prices for the 10-coin sets have changed over the years, ranging from $5.95 to $9.95. This year’s set is $8.95.
Their inexpensive price and easy-to-open packaging is their main attraction. The packaging protects the quarters while allowing them to be easily removed and placed in coin albums or other storage products.
Sales of Past Sets and Ordering New Set
The U.S. Mint continues to sell two of the eight older sets. Their sales as of Sunday, Oct. 7, totaled:
- 40,768 for the 2010 set (unavailable),
- 37,188 for the 2011 set (unavailable),
- 24,869 for the 2012 set (unavailable),
- 29,898 for the 2013 set (unavailable),
- 24,696 for the 2014 set (unavailable),
- 22,356 for the 2015 set (unavailable),
- 23,109 for the 2016 set (available for $5.95), and
- 21,911 for the 2017 set (available for $5.95).
Order the new or older sets from the U.S. Mint’s online page for quarter products, or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
These sets have no mintage or household ordering limits.