The United States Mint released today its latest collector product featuring America the Beautiful quarter dollars. The 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park Quarter Three-Coin Set is now available for $11.50.
The quarters in the set recognize Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park located in the state of Vermont. This particular design is the 54th of 56 completed as part of the U.S. Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters® Program.
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller takes its name from three previous owners of the land:
- author George Perkins Marsh who was among the first in the nation to foster the idea of land stewardship;
- Frederick Billings who purchased it from the Marsh family and continued the conservation philosophy with a managed forest and progressive dairy farm; and
- Mary French Rockefeller (Billings’ granddaughter) and husband Laurance Spelman Rockefeller who donated the land to the national park service.
The park is located near Woodstock, VT and includes 643 acres. It is also adjacent to the Billings Farm and Museum which shares some amenities with the park.
As for the set, two of its quarters are in an uncirculated finish and the other is in a proof finish. (In September, U.S. Mint released rolls and bags of Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller quarters in regular circulation quality.) The set includes the following three numismatic strikes:
- one 2020-P uncirculated quarter from the Philadelphia Mint
- one 2020-D uncirculated quarter from the Denver Mint
- one 2020-S proof quarter from the San Francisco Mint
Each quarter is attached to the same durable plastic card which offers a picturesque image of the park. The back of the card offers brief information about the park, the coins themselves and a certificate of authenticity.
Designed by Donna Weaver, Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller quarter reverses depict an image of a young girl planting a Norway spruce seedling near a mature tree, continuing the life cycle of the forest. Michael Gaudioso completed the design sculpting. Inscriptions encircling the image read: "LAND STEWARDSHIP," "MARSH-BILLINGS-ROCKEFELLER," "VERMONT," "2020" and "E PLURIBUS UNUM."
All coins in the 56-coin America the Beautiful series bear the same obverse (heads side) portrait of George Washington. The portrait, originally completed by John Flanagan, is surrounded by the inscriptions of "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "QUARTER DOLLAR."
Mintmarks of P, D, or S appear on obverses indicative of the coin’s facility of production.
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller Three-Coin Sets may be ordered directly from the U.S. Mint via its page dedicated to American the Beautiful products.