In about two weeks, the United States Mint will release its third Coin & Chronicle Set of the year, this one featuring John F. Kennedy. This year’s first two sets for Harry S. Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower sold out within 15 minutes of their release. The third set, well, buyers will line up to get it too.
Its online product page is ready to go. The U.S. Mint this week published images and a full description of the limited-edition set in preparation for its launch on Sept. 16.
To summarize, key product and release details include:
- Price of $57.95, the same as the last two sets.
- Household ordering limit of 2, the same as the last issue but 3 less than the first one.
- Product limit of 50,000, up from an earlier announced limit of 25,000 sets. The first two sets each had limits of 17,000.
- Inclusion of one 2015-P Reverse Proof John F. Kennedy Presidential $1 Coin.
- Inclusion of one John F. Kennedy Presidential Medal struck in one ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Inclusion of one John F. Kennedy U.S. postage stamp issued in 1964.
- Inclusion of one informational booklet with images from Kennedy’s life, military career and presidency.
The reverse proof $1 is exclusive to the set, and the third of its type ever issued within the Presidential $1 Coin series. The U.S. Mint facility in Philadelphia makes the silver medals and reverse proof $1 coins but only the coins have the ‘P’ mint mark.
Here are larger U.S. Mint images of the JFK set’s reverse proof $1 coin and silver medal: