2015 Ike Coin & Chronicles Set Images, Lower Limit

by Mike Unser on July 20, 2015 · 23 comments

United States Mint product details and images of the upcoming 2015 Dwight D. Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Set are now available. As announced earlier, the set has a product limit of 17,000 and a price of $57.95.

2015 Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Set

The 2015 Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Set includes a 1969 6c stamp, reverse proof $1, silver medal, and informational booklet

Those match this year’s first set honoring Truman, which sold out in less than 15 minutes. The Ike set will also sell out, but it’ll take longer with an ordering limit that is trimmed by more than half to 2 sets per household.

Instead of standard proofs, the sets have reverse proofs of the Presidential dollars — a first for the $1 series, and the sets are the only way to get them. That’s why they’re selling like hotcakes. (See photos of the Truman set.)

This year’s Coin & Chronicles Sets commemorate Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, and Lyndon B. Johnson. They have a one-ounce, 99.9% pure silver medal and a stamp that is specific to each president. The U.S. Mint in Philadelphia makes the silver medals and the reverse proof dollars but only the dollars have the ‘P’ mint mark.

Photo of Harry S. Truman Presidential Silver Medal

Photo of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Silver Medal from the first 2015-dated Chronicles Set

Photo of 2015-P Reverse Proof Harry S. Truman Presidential $1 Coin

Photo of the 2015-P Reverse Proof Harry S. Truman Presidential $1 Coin, also in the first Chronicles Set

Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Silver Medal

Here are two photos of a FDR Presidential silver medal (obverse and reverse), one of the collectibles in last year’s Franklin D. Roosevelt Coin & Chronicles Set

2015 10c proof and reverse proof

The Mint also included a reverse proof coin in the 2015 March of Dimes Special Silver Set. This photo shows a regular proof (left) and a reverse proof (right).

Ike’s Coin & Chronicles Set launches at noon EDT on August 11. On-sale dates for the last two sets are in September and October. Kennedy’s set has a higher product limit of 25,000.

Here are larger U.S. Mint images of the set’s 2015-P Reverse Proof Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential $1 Coin and Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Silver Medal.

2015-P Reverse Proof Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential $1 Coin

2015-P Reverse Proof Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential $1 Coin

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Silver Medal

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Silver Medal. For the reveres, and as described by the U.S. Mint, it features: the figure of Freedom which stands on the dome of the U.S. Capitol. The scene to the right of the figure represents the eastern half of the United States, with a farmer and city buildings beyond the hills. On the right of the figure are the pioneering forefathers blazing the westward trail.

Jp July 20, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I like IKE!
What more is there to say.

jim July 20, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Yippie! Down to two per household! Now if the mint could guarantee that every proof coin will grade 70 they could bring it down to one per household.

Sorry, I guess it need it explained to me (again?!) why a collector needs more than one coin let alone 2 (or 5). I said collector not investor or somebody trying to fund their collection by buying more and ten selling all but one.

TheCurseOfTheRodainTrilogy July 20, 2015 at 3:17 pm

They buy more than 1 because they have children and or grandkids and want to bless them with valuable invetments, that’s why the household limit should always be at least 5, even 10 or more.

Ernesto July 20, 2015 at 3:18 pm

It could be a gift for someone else but from what I’ve seen most people, including collectors, usually buy extra sets to flip them for a profit.

TheCurseOfTheRodainTrilogy July 20, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Also, good job to the Mint for not catering to the haters and whiners and not raising the mintage, but lowering the household limit….where I have seen this before…hm…oh yes! The destruction of then First Spouse line just 3 coins in…
The line was doing so well after the first 2 coins that the Mint capitulated to the whiners and haters and lowered the household limit from 10 down to 1 and they caused the annihilation of the whole line…
So instead of having a guaranteed sellout of 40,000 every coin , they have struggled to sell even 1/10th that amount…
How’d that work out for the Mint (and the collectors)? But I guess at least there were a hundred happy complainers (who then complained because their coins were worthless when the 2ndary market for these coins destroyed in 1 fell swoop…)….so ultimately, everyone lost on that one…
US Mint, don’t make the same mistake: Re raise the household limit 5 and realize that 1st come 1st serve, low mintages = happy customers who jeep coming back because your products are worth something…….the alternative is people find an alternative to collecting coins if collecting coins becomes worthless.

Senior July 20, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Lower mintage = lower than normal household purchase limits.Gives more households a purchasing opportunity.Make sense?

Christopher Williams July 20, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Ebay sellers already have the Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Set listed.

Unbelievable.

Springer July 20, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Amen Rodain Trilogy… if the mint would only tell us which coins were going to be valuable. 🙂 Or maybe they could sell gold coins for the price of copper. The problems comes when there are no free markets, government controls markets. See how that worked out for the USSR. I don’t think most people would have thought that the Truman set would have sold out in less than 15 minutes. My question is why do people think it is wrong to make a profit on coins? So do these same people think it is ok to lose money on coins? If there is not a belief in capitalism what do people believe in?

I think RodainTrilogy got it right there are a lot of whiners and the US Mint caters to those who make the most noise.

Jack July 20, 2015 at 8:04 pm

$189+ and going up on EBAY!!!! Get ’em while they’re hot!!!!!

Senior July 20, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Has GREED taken the helm?

Dale Reese July 20, 2015 at 10:29 pm

3,400 customers ordered 5 sets 17000 gone in 30 minutes at 1230 option sold out.
8,500 customers orders 2 sets 17000 gone maybe 1 hour I would of got one.
of coarse this is ideal ordering may be 1 or 2 sets better chances 2 per household give the small family collectors a chance thank you US mint

Tinto July 20, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Yeah, HH limit of 2 will make it harder for the big boys to accumulate a large quantity (hopefully) and give collectors a chance to get a set or 2.

Senior July 20, 2015 at 10:53 pm

These are the the voices I’ve wanted to hear,I fail to hear whining these people are like me they want and deserve there fair share.

TheCurseOfTheRodainTrilogy July 21, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Yes Springer, good stuff. It’s not about fair share, thats a socialist / communist thought – everyone has equal access at 12 o’clock est. You get your order in you’re good. No one should complain about that. That’s capitalism. If everyone got the same and there were unlimited mintages, guess what? No one will buy coins anymore because they won’t be any more valuable than sand. Which would mean goodbye coin values. It’s nonsense to have people complain about a collectible product – they want value in the product but the want everyone to have one…this makes no sense and creates the opposite of value; garbage – how valuable is a 2014 AD cent? About 1 cent. Why? Because there are about 10 billion of them.
How valuable is a 1793 cent? Thousands in decent shape…why? Because there are only a few thousand…and that is why people collect coins….INVESTMENT VALUE. They don’t collect them so that everyone can have one, because then there is no value.

Coins are an investment, not just a hobby. Value is derived from demand over perceived scarcity. No scarcity, no demand, then no value. I collect because I like coins AND they are an investment. If I just collected for enjoyment only I would not collect very much because I have to build an inheritance for my children’s children (so says the Lord).

Springer July 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Rodain Trilogy great to know I’m not alone here and what you are saying makes perfect sense to me. Good point on everyone has equal access at the same time provided they are knowledgeable enough to read and know what they want to risk their money on and when it will be available. It requires at least some effort. Equal opportunity (access) is not the same as equal outcome.

I will also add that the dealers will still get there coins, because they see value here and are willing to make the effort needed. I have no problem with Capitalism, it has provided the highest living standers the world has ever seen. Adam’s Smith’s invisible hand at work, everyone acting in his/her own best interest produces the best results for all. A centrally planned economy cannot compare in results. So take that and put it in your coin album.

Christopher Williams July 21, 2015 at 6:06 pm

+1@Springer

TheCurseOfTheRodainTrilogy July 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Springer 😉
ye

Yes we have the right to life, Liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness…notice the phrase pursuit of happiness – there is no guarantee of happiness, but rather the pursuit of it.
Praise God for this nation, it is by far the best nation in the world. One nation, under God (the God of the Bible, the only God, of course).

Jack July 21, 2015 at 7:49 pm

By the way, I’m not ashamed to admit that I buy the limit, sell the additional sets to have a free set for me. Sometimes I even get my mother and brother involved if I’m restricted to a limit on a popular set as I did with the 2011 ASE 25th Anniversary set. Bless me Father for I have sinned! Happy collecting!!!

Christopher Williams July 21, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Jack, I do the same thing.

TheCurseOfTheRodainTrilogy July 21, 2015 at 11:18 pm

It is wisdom, and a blessing, Jack and Christopher 🙂

Joe July 22, 2015 at 5:23 am

I wish Kennedy was set at 17,000 sets not 25,000.

RonnieBGood July 23, 2015 at 7:09 pm

These are still available at of 8 pm est on 7/23/15.

RonnieBGood July 23, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Sorry – got my emails crossed.