Today, Oct. 18, the United States Mint opened sales of its 2018 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set.
Restricted to 50,000 units and priced at $144.95, the set contains eight silver coins bearing ‘S’ mint marks to designate their production at the San Francisco Mint.
Each of them has a collector proof finish with frosted designs that attractively contrast against mirror-like backgrounds. Seven of them are in 90% silver while the other is .999 fine.
The following proof coins are included:
- 2018-S Roosevelt Dime (90% silver)
- 2018-S Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Quarter for Michigan (90% silver)
- 2018-S Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarter for Wisconsin (90% silver)
- 2018-S Voyageurs National Park Quarter for Minnesota (90% silver)
- 2018-S Cumberland Island National Seashore Quarter for Georgia (90% silver)
- 2018-S Block Island National Wildlife Refuge Quarter for Rhode Island (90% silver)
- 2018-S Kennedy Half Dollar (90% silver)
- 2018-S Proof American Silver Eagle (.999 fine silver)
The five quarters, issued as a part of the U.S. Mint’s ongoing America the Beautiful Quarters® Program, have designs unique to 2018.
The eight coins combine to 2.338 ounces troy ounces of silver for a melt value of $33.96 based on Thursday’s LBMA silver price of $14.515 per ounce.
Annually issued, these sets are one of the U.S. Mint’s premier products. They have enjoyed popularity over the years, supported by the extra attention given to the presentation packaging.
Last year’s set hung around for about 32 hours before selling out. (The quick sellout was helped by its 2017-S Proof American Silver Eagle which had been available in just one other product that previously sold out.) Other prior-year issues also reached max sales.
Coins Available in Other Products
Coins in the set are not exclusive to it. The 2018-S Proof American Silver Eagle is sold separately for $55.95 and has current sales of 134,180.
The other seven coins are available in the larger 2018 Silver Proof Set. It’s priced at $49.95 with 246,318 sold so far.
Then there’s a smaller set of silver quarters that goes for $33.95 and has current sales of 67,459.
Ordering and Limit
Order the 2018 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set straight from the United States Mint via this product page, or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
Like last year, the set has an order limit of two per household. Last year’s limit was lifted after the first 24 hours.