A hot ticket product from the United States Mint debuts today with the release of the 2017-S Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set. This limited-edition collection holds 10 unique coins from the San Francisco Mint. Each has an ‘S’ mintmark.
The product celebrates the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint and launches at noon ET for $29.95. No more than 225,000 will be sold and there are no household order limits.
A breakdown of the included coins is as follows:
- 2017-S Effigy Mounds National Monument Quarter (Iowa)
- 2017-S Frederick Douglass National Historic Site Quarter (Washington, DC)
- 2017-S Ozark National Scenic Riverways Quarter (Missouri)
- 2017-S Ellis Island (Statue of Liberty National Monument) Quarter (New Jersey)
- 2017-S George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Quarter (Indiana)
- 2017-S Native American $1 Coin
- 2017-S Kennedy half-dollar
- 2017-S Roosevelt dime
- 2017-S Jefferson nickel
- 2017-S Lincoln cent
Each is composed from the same base metals that are used in making their standard circulating, collector uncirculated, and collector proof counterparts. However, their appearances stand apart from other clad coinage as the dies used in striking them are specially manufactured.
As described by the Mint, the coins’ finishes are created "using a combination of laser frosted areas and an unpolished field that accentuates design details, creating a unique contrast distinctly different from the mirror-like finish of proof coins."
The 2017-S Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set may be ordered directly from the United States Mint by following this link its product page. Orders are also accepted by calling 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
These sets will also be available at the Philadelphia and Denver Mint sales centers, the U.S. Mint’s headquarters in D.C. and at the Mint’s booth of the World’s Fair of Money in Denver.