The United States Mint in 2018 is including free budget shipping on all products purchased from its enrollment program. That amounts to a potential savings of $4.95 for each offering.
For those unfamiliar with the program, it works a lot like a magazine subscription. When you sign up to receive a family of products, they are shipped automatically to you when they become available.
"After you sign up, you will receive the next product released in the series, and continue to receive products until you cancel," the U.S. Mint promotes on its Products Enrollments page. "You can cancel at any time with no penalty, and even pause your Enrollment if you would like to skip products."
The U.S. Mint sends email notifications to subscribers 30 days before the scheduled release of the next product.
The following products are available by enrollment:
- Mint Sets
- Proof Sets
- Silver Proof Sets
- ATB Quarters Proof Sets
- ATB Quarters Silver Proof Sets
- ATB Quarters Three-Coin Sets
- ATB Quarters Circulating Coin Sets
- ATB Quarters Uncirculated Coin Sets
- ATB Quarters in 100-Coin Bags (D, P or S), 40-Coin Rolls (S), Three-Roll Sets (D, P & S) and Two-Roll Sets (D&P)
- ATB Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins
- Proof and Uncirculated American Silver Eagles from West Point
- Kennedy Half Dollars in 200-Coin Bags (D&P) and Two-Roll Sets (D&P)
- Native American $1 Coins in 100-Coin Bags (D or P), 250-Coin Boxes (D or P), 25-Coin Rolls (D or P) and Two-Roll Sets (D&P)
Enroll in a product series at least 24 hours ahead of the next release to get it. For example, if you want to automatically receive rolls of all five 2018 quarters, subscribe to a 25-cent roll series before the first quarter design launches. Already issued products cannot be ordered by subscription.
Review the program and subscribe to available products by visiting the U.S. Mint’s Products Enrollments page.