Australian coins, Canadian coins, a five-ounce Blue Ridge Parkway silver coin, and a Kennedy $1 Coin and First Spouse Medal Set are among new collector releases this week from U.S. and world mints.
On Tuesday, July 7, the United States Mint will issue the 2015-P Blue Ridge Parkway Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin, which is the third of the five-ounce issues for this year. Priced at $149.95, the three-inch, .999 fine silver coin features the same designs as the recently released Blue Ridge Parkway quarter. The new coin’s product page is located here.
Then on Thursday, July 9, the U.S. Mint will release the Kennedy Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set for $9.95. It has an uncirculated quality John F. Kennedy Presidential $1 Coin and a Jacqueline Kennedy First Spouse Bronze Medal. The set’s product page is located here.
Products from the United States Mint launch at 12 Noon (EDT) on their release day.
New Australian coins from the Perth Mint launch at 8:00AM (AWST) on July 7 and include:
- Mini Koala 2015 0.5g Gold Coin
- 150th Anniversary of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 2015 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- 150th Anniversary of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 2015 2oz Silver Antiqued Clock Coin
- Wedge-tailed Eagle 2015 1oz Gold Proof High Relief Coin
- Wedge-tailed Eagle 2015 1oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin
- Australian Kangaroo 2015 1oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin
- Australian Outback 2015 1/2oz Silver Coloured Coin Collection
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Captain Benjamin Sisko & Deep Space 9 2015 1oz Silver Proof two-Coin Set
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Captain Benjamin Sisko 2015 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Deep Space 9 2015 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- Sunburnt Country – I love her jewel sea 2015 1oz Silver Rectangle Coin
- Disney Princess – Jasmine 2015 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- Disney Princess – Jasmine 2015 1/4oz Gold Proof Coin
- 100th Anniversary of Lighthouse Service 2015 $1 Coin
As always, we’ll cover new releases here on CoinNews.net. Until then, here are last week’s most read articles:
2015 Harry S. Truman Coin and Chronicles Set Release – All honoring Harry S. Truman, the 33rd President of the United States, a first-ever reverse proof $1 coin, a one-ounce 99.9% fine silver medal and an 8-cent stamp make for an interesting collectibles set that should sell out quickly. United States Mint sales of the new 2015 Harry S. Truman Coin & Chronicles Set open today, June 30, at 12:00 noon EDT.
American Liberty 2015 High Relief Gold Coin on Sale July 30 – Collectors can expect a release date of July 30 for the highly anticipated 2015-W $100 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin, based on newly published pages on the United States Mint’s website. Other official information such as the coin’s description and limits are also now public.
2015 Harry S. Truman Coin and Chronicles Set Photos and Sellout – This short article presents a sales and photo overview of the Harry S. Truman Chronicles Set with its U.S. postage stamp, silver medal and special reverse proof Presidential $1 Coin. Collectors snapped up all the sets in very short order. Sales kicked off at noon on Tuesday, June 30, and they ended within 13 minutes.
2015 Blue Ridge Parkway Quarters Released – Today, June 29, the United States Mint released rolls and bags of the America the Beautiful Quarter honoring Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. This quarter is the third in 2015 and the 28th overall, signaling the completion of the first half of the fifty-six quarter series. Officially introduced last Thursday, these coins actually started entering circulation earlier in the month.
US Mint Bullion Sales Soar in June; Mixed in First Half of 2015 – Demand surged in June for United States Mint bullion coins with sales the highest since 2015-dated issues launched in January, and they hurdled year-ago levels. The sharp gains were realized in a backdrop of falling precious metals prices with gold and silver posting losses not only for the month but also for second quarter and first half of 2015.