The United States Mint this week will release new Blue Ridge Parkway quarters and the much-anticipated 2015 Harry S. Truman Coin & Chronicles Set.
On Tuesday, June 30, the U.S. Mint will issue the Truman Coin & Chronicles Set for $57.95. As described in more detail earlier, it includes:
- a 1973 U.S. eight cent Harry S. Truman postage stamp;
- a 2015 Reverse Proof Harry S. Truman Presidential $1 Coin from the Philadelphia Mint; and
- a one-ounce, .999 fine Harry S. Truman Presidential silver medal from the Philadelphia Mint
The reverse proof is a first in the dollar series, and only available in this 17,000-limited set. A household ordering limit of 5 was also recently established. The set’s product page is located here.
In related news, the U.S. Mint has updated release dates for the other three 2015-dated sets. They include:
- 2015 Dwight D. Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Set – Aug. 11, 2015
- 2015 John F. Kennedy Coin & Chronicles Set – Sept. 15, 2015
- 2015 Lyndon B. Johnson Coin & Chronicles Set – October 2015
New Quarter Release
Starting the week, on Monday, June 29, the United States Mint will release circulating-quality Blue Ridge Parkway quarters in:
- single rolls from the San Francisco Mint for $18.95;
- two-roll sets for $32.95 with a roll from the Denver Mint and a roll from the Philadelphia Mint;
- three-roll sets for $46.95 with a roll each from Denver, Philadelphia and San Francisco; and
- 100-coin bags for $34.95 with buyer’s choice of quarters from Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco
The coin bears a design emblematic of Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, and it’s the 28th in the series so it marks the halfway point for the program. The Mint’s online page to order quarter products is located here.
All of the above collectibles launch beginning at 12 Noon ET on their release day. CoinNews will offer further coverage on those days. Until then, here are last week’s five most read articles:
2015-W $100 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin Images – Images of the upcoming 2015-W $100 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin made an appearance this week on the United State Mint’s website. They confirm selections of the designs recommended earlier this year by the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee and endorsed by the Commission of Fine Arts.
2015 Jacqueline Kennedy First Spouse Gold Coins Available – Today, June 25, the United States Mint released their one-half ounce, 24-karat 2015-W $10 Jacqueline Kennedy First Spouse Gold Coins. Available in two collector finishes, proof and uncirculated, the gold pieces feature designs emblematic of Jacqueline, the wife of John F. Kennedy who was the 35th President of the United States.
Jacqueline Kennedy Gold Coins Hit 10,894 in First Day – First Spouse Gold Coins featuring Jacqueline Kennedy are selling quickly. First-day sales of the collector proof and uncirculated editions totaled to 10,894 coins, the United States Mint said on Friday. That tops sales of the last 12 coins combined, and those have been available for months.
Nancy Reagan First Spouse Gold Coin Designs – Candidate designs have been unveiled for next year’s 24-karat gold coins featuring former First Lady Nancy Reagan. Mrs. Reagan would be the first living person to appear on a U.S. coin since the commemorative 1995 Special Olympics Silver Dollars depicted Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
Blue Ridge Parkway 5 Oz Bullion Coin Temporarily Sells Out – Sales of the United States Mint’s third 2015-dated America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coin opened on Monday and then just as quickly ended. Featuring a reverse design emblematic of Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, United States Mint distributors ordered all available 35,000 coins. More are on the way.