In what has become a traditional end-of-year reminder, the United States Mint on Wednesday added a new section to its website that lists dozens of "last chance" products.
These include popular annual sets, gold and silver coins, America the Beautiful quarters, Presidential $1 coins, September 11 silver medals and all of its Infantry Soldier Silver Dollar and Star-Spangled Banner commemorative coins. End of sale periods for the last chance products range from as early as November 14 to as late as December 31.
The Mint’s last opportunity product page warns that the offers are limited-time, first-come, first-served and without household ordering limits. It adds that it will honor a 7-day return policy. If a return is made because of damaged product, the U.S. Mint will not guarantee a replacement but it will offer a refund.
Last chance products and ending sales dates follow.
Sales will end at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 14, 2012 for the following bags and rolls of America the Beautiful quarters:
- 2011 Chickasaw National Recreational Area Two-Roll Sets
- 2011 Chickasaw National Recreational Area 100-coin bags from Philadelphia
- 2011 Chickasaw National Recreational Area 100-coin bags from Denver
Sales will end at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 19, 2012 for the following dollar rolls:
- 2011 James Garfield Presidential $1 Coin Rolls from Philadelphia
- 2011 James Garfield Presidential $1 Coin Rolls from Denver
Sales will end at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on December 17, 2012 for the following medals and commemorative coin products:
- 2011 September 11 National Medal with West Point mint mark
- 2011 September 11 National Medal with Philadelphia mint mark
- 2012 Infantry Soldier Proof Silver Dollar
- 2012 Infantry Soldier Uncirculated Silver Dollar
- 2012 Infantry Soldier Silver Dollar Defenders of Freedom Set
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Proof $5 Gold Coin
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Proof Silver Dollar
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Uncirculated Silver Dollar
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Two-Coin Proof Set
- 2012 Star-Spangled Banner Bicentennial Silver Dollar Set
News of these last chance products and their ending sales date was previously discussed in this coin news article.
Sales will end at 12:00 noon Eastern Time on December 31, 2012 for the following 2011-dated America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins honoring:
- 2011 Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania
- 2011 Glacier National Park in Montana
- 2011 Olympic National Park in Washington
- 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi
- 2011 Chickasaw National Recreational Area in Oklahoma
Additionally, the following sets and gold coins go off sale at the same time and date:
- 2011 Proof Set
- 2011 Silver Proof Set
- 2011 Mint Set
- 2011 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set
- 2011 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set
- 2011 Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set
- 2011 Proof American Gold Eagle Four-Coin Set
- 2011 Proof American Buffalo Gold Coin
- 2011 Uncirculated American Silver Eagle Coin
- 2011 Proof Lucy Hayes First Spouse Gold Coin
- 2011 Proof Lucretia Garfield First Spouse Gold Coin
These last chance products are sold at their current prices. They may be ordered online through the U.S. Mint page located here.
Phone orders may be placed at the Mint’s toll-free number at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).