CoinNews has added two new collector tools. The tools are informational utilities that the average collector won’t use every day, but they can be extremely useful when the need arises. The intent was to offer simple and quick solutions to:
- Track coins and package deliveries from UPS, FedEx, DHL and the United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Find and view location, satellite and hybrid maps of any country, region, city, etc. in the world
Tracking coin packages through UPS, FedEx, DHL and the United States Postal Service (USPS)
While many coin sellers provide tracking links after a sale so you can verify your coins in transit, just as many do not yet. There are also times tracking numbers are given over the phone or in person. Using the Tracking Tool on CoinNews, you simply enter a tracking number and watch your package travel to you. In addition, this tool has a couple of nice features you won’t see elsewhere, such as:
- A single location to check multiple carriers
- The ability to see a tracking map with route lines and stop points
- And, if you choose, you can receive e-mail and RSS alerts for the package
Mapping Tool finds locations simply and quickly
The new Mapping Tool on CoinNews uses the Google Maps API to show virtually any location around the world. While you could use the tool to find distances and trace routes between locations, the mapping tool is really meant to offer you a means to quickly find an obscure or unfamiliar location.
Given coin articles can originate from anywhere in the world, you don’t need to be a geography expert or waste time finding and pulling up a mapping program to find a location in question. You can simply use the CoinNews Mapping Tool.
You’ll find links to both of these simple tools on the CoinNews homepage within the ‘Coin Collector Tools’ section.
If you have suggestions or experience issues with these tools, please let us know.