The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, April 18, to review and discuss candidate designs for multiple medals and coins, including the 2024 commemoratives honoring the Greatest Generation and Harriet Tubman.
The CCAC, a committee established by Congress in 2003, advises the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs for all U.S. coins and medals, providing expert recommendations to ensure that each design accurately reflects the values, traditions, and history of the United States.
Agenda topics for Tuesday’s meeting include:
- Swearing-in of new members: Darla Jackson, Specially Qualified in Sculpture or Medallic Arts, and Kellen Hoard, representing the General Public.
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the Congressional Gold Medal commemorating the service members who perished in Afghanistan on August 26, 2021, during the evacuation of citizens of the United States and Afghan allies at Hamid Karzai International Airport.
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the Greatest Generation Commemorative Coin Program.
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the Harriet Tubman Bicentennial Commemorative Coin Program.
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the Congressional Gold Medal to the members of the Women’s Army Corps who were assigned to the 6888th Central Postal Directory Battalion, known as the "Six Triple Eight."
CCAC Meeting Time, Location and Public Listening Option
The meeting on April 18 is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (ET). It is opened to interested members of the public, and it will be held at:
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
2nd Floor Conference Rooms
Washington, D.C. 20220
Seating is limited and admission will be granted to members of the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that all visitors to the U.S. Mint’s headquarters must comply with building security protocols, which include consenting to a search of their persons and belongings upon entry and exit.
For those who are unable or unwilling to attend the meeting in person, a dial-in option is available. To listen to the meeting, please call (888) 330-1716 and enter Access Code: 1137147.
This event is for listening purposes only, and no comments or questions from the public will be taken during the meeting. Participants are required to mute their phones throughout the session. If you have a matter you wish to bring to the attention of the CCAC, please submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.