David Lawrence Rare Coins (DLRC) concluded its offering of the Perfection Collection, the #1 rated PCGS Registry Set of Seated Liberty Proof Half Dollars with CAC approval on Nov. 29th with spectacular results. While each of the coins were offered with a minimum value to the consignor, the collection achieved an outstanding sell through rate of 28 out of 35 lots, which sold for over $400,000.
Strong bidding from both collectors and dealers created record prices across the board on a series that has generally been considered quiet in recent years.
In the words of Jason Smith, Vice President of DLRC, "As such a unique high-end Registry Set, it was encouraging to see the strong bidding activity on so many of these pieces. It simply goes to show you that quality coins combined with the collector-friendly auctions of DLRC are a recipe for success."
The auction overwhelmingly exceeded expectations thanks in large part to some of the most innovative technologies and practices available in coin auctions. Between DLRC’s typical outstanding service, the DLRC No Fee Guarantee (no buyer’s fees, free shipping, and no imaging fees), top-notch photography, and the introduction of nuTilt interactive technology, dealers and collectors alike could bid with comfort and confidence.
John Brush, President of DLRC stated, "DLRC has always focused on working with customers to build their ideal collections, no matter the size or budget. With over 17 years of online auction experience and a focus on the desires and needs of the collector, DLRC stands out as the ideal option for sellers looking to maximize the value of their collections. The sale of the Perfection Collection was just another example of how collectors can put our 40 years of experience to work for them and achieve amazing results!"
Some of the most notable pieces with prices realized can be reviewed below:
- 1863 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $12,225
- 1866 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66+ DCAM (Motto) ex: Perfection Collection: $31,500
- 1867 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 CAM ex: Green-Newman ex: Perfection Collection: $12,250
- 1872 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $11,850
- 1873 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67+ (No Arrows, Closed 3) ex: Simpson, Perfection: $19,800
- 1873 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 (Arrows) ex: Perfection Collection: $29,500
- 1874 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66 (Arrows) ex: Perfection Collection: $20,750
- 1877 50c PCGS Proof 67 ex: Perfection Collection: $19,250
- 1878 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 68 CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $41,900
- 1879 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67 CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $21,750
- 1880 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67+ ex: Perfection Collection: $18,055
- 1884 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67 CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $11,262
- 1889 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67+ ex: Perfection Collection: $20,750
- 1890 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 67+ CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $13,325
- 1891 50c PCGS/CAC Proof 66+ CAM ex: Perfection Collection: $18,483
To see how DLRC can put it’s lowest auction commissions and record-breaking results to work for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800-776-0560.
David Lawrence Rare Coins is an industry leader in the trading and auctioning of U.S. rare coins certified by PCGS, NGC, and CAC. DLRC holds weekly internet auctions and offers sellers the options of direct sale or consignment to auction. To work with David Lawrence or for any question as to how they can help your collection, please call 1-800-776-0560 or email email@example.com.