Continuing apace for the year with its fourth Regency Auction of 2019, the June 27th auction is being held at the PCGS Members Show at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and features 514 lots of hand selected, high end, quality rare coins.
Anchored by three named collections as a backbone, the selection of coins is diverse and begins in the earliest of federal issues and goes to classic 20th century issues.
The sale begins with the Hunter Collection, a 39 piece selection of Draped and Capped Bust silver coins, from half dime to half dollar, 1796 to 1837. Choice collector grade coins and Gem Mint State coins are being offered, with coins in every budget range.
Further selections from the R.S.D. Collection include Superb Gem Proof Barber dimes and quarters that are among the finest known specimens for their respective issues, including a number of PR68 graded examples. All are PCGS and CAC.
The Hickory Ridge Collection of Peace Dollars is a complete set registered on the PCGS Set Registry and includes a wonderful selection of coins with a focus on eye appeal.
Full sale highlights include:
- Lot 1. H10C 1796 LIKERTY. PCGS MS63 CAC From the Hunter Collection
- Lot 16. 25C 1820 Large O. PCGS MS65+ CAC From the Hunter Collection
- Lot 53. 1C 1856 Flying Eagle. PCGS PR64 CAC
- Lot 91. 3CS 1868 PCGS MS66 CAC
- Lot 113. 5C 1880 PCGS MS65 CAC
- Lot 135. 5C 1918/7-D PCGS MS64+ CAC
- Lot 168. H10C 1797 16 Stars. PCGS MS65+ CAC
- Lot 197. 10C 1916-D Mercury. PCGS MS64 FB CAC
- Lot 242. 25C 1877 PCGS MS68 CAC
- Lot 258. 25C 1907 PCGS PR68 CAM CAC From the R.S.D. Collection
- Lot 308. 50C 1943 PCGS MS68 CAC
- Lot 323. $1 1795 Silver Plug. PCGS AU50
- Lot 372. $1 1895-S PCGS MS65+ PL CAC
- Lot 390. $1 1895 NGC PR64
- Lot 416. $1 1934-S PCGS MS66 CAC From the Hickory Ridge Collection
- Lot 437. $2.50 1901 PCGS PR67+ DCAM CAC
- Lot 440. $2.50 1910 PCGS PR66+ CAC
- Lot 443. $5 1795 Small Eagle. PCGS AU55 CAC
- Lot 450. $10 1799 Large Stars. PCGS MS63+ CAC
- Lot 475. $20 1882-CC PCGS MS62 CAC
- Lot 494. $20 1921 PCGS MS64
- Lot 512. $50 1851 Humbert. Reeded Edge, 880. NGC AU53 CAC
"We are extremely proud of the selection of rarities and collector coins that we have put together for the June Regency Auction," said Laura Sperber, founder of LRCA. "There really is something for every collector no matter where in their collecting career they may be. Whether just starting out with AU Bust halves, or are putting together a world class Registry Set, there is something to attract your attention."
"Buyers have really come to enjoy our boutique auctions, and with the strong results, come more consignments," said Julie Abrams, president of Legend Auctions. "That our team was able to put together such a quality focused auction in such a short period of time, speaks volumes to how well our model works. We cannot be happier with the sale that is being presented."
"There are many finest graded, tied for finest graded, unique at CAC for the grade coins in this sale to entice and excite the Registry Set collector, while at the same time offering more modest grade rarities for other collectors," said Greg Cohen, the firm’s senior numismatist. "Regardless of grade or ranking on the condition census, what unites each coin in this sale is solid, high quality for the assigned grade. Coins from the earliest days of our federal mint, to classic mid-20th century condition rarities, Regency Auction 33 has them all."
The Regency Auction 33, the official auction for the PCGS Member’s Show, will take place on Thursday, June 27, 2019 beginning at 4:30 pm PT at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. For full auction details, including descriptions and high resolution images, please visit www.legendauctions.com. For more information, please contact Legend Rare Coin Auctions at email@example.com or call 732-935-1168.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions is a boutique numismatic auction company specializing in the finest and rarest U.S. coins. Founded in 2012 by Laura Sperber, the owner and president of Legend Numismatics, the premier rare coin retail firm.