Legend Rare Coin Auctions (www.legendauctions.com) will offer over 630 lots during their 32nd Regency Auction held from May 15 to 16.
As the official auctioneer of the PCGS Members Show in New Orleans, LRCA will present rarities from the Pug, Issaquah Estate, Vanderbilt, Coronet II, Wolverine, and Northern Lights Collections, as well as properties from other important consignments, including a world class offering of gold coins recovered from the wreck of the S.S. Central America.
The auction session on May 15 is their second "Dollar Day" auction, and features important and high-end silver dollars in all series, anchored by a trio of important early dollars from the Pug Collection, No Motto Liberty Seated and Peace dollars from the Issaquah Estate, and Morgan dollars from the Coronet II and Vanderbilt Collections.
"After the huge success of our first ever ‘Dollar Day’ session in Regency Auction 26 (May 2018), and the consignment of over 180 silver dollars, we decided to host another ‘Dollar Day,’" explained Julie Abrams, president of Legend Rare Coin Auctions.
"We are proud to offer these great silver dollars, many of which have been off the market for ages, including several world class high-end Morgan dollars, some of which are FINEST or tied for finest graded."
"Lot 1 is arguably one of the more important silver dollars in the sale," said Greg Cohen, senior numismatist. "The high end 1795 dollar, a borderline Mint State coin, with a large silver plug in the center and gorgeous toning, has a pedigree that goes back over 130 years, and has been theorized that it was among the first 1795 silver dollars struck (early die state from the first die marriage used).
Other important silver dollars include GEM examples of the 1889 and 1893 Carson City issues from the Coronet Collection II. If you collect Mint State No Motto Seated Liberty dollars, the lovely coins from the Issaquah Collection present a rare opportunity for the type or date collector."
Thursday, May 16 will present the rest of Regency Auction, starting with the Wolverine Collection. The collector focused over the course of the last 15 years on the highest possible grade Proof Indian cents and Mint State Barber dimes.
Many of these coins are Pop Top or close to the finest known. Other important consignments include the Northern Lights Collection of Proof Buffalo nickels, Pug Collection of Draped Bust quarters and a great mix of other type coins from all series.
The offering of gold coins begins with a world class selection of rarities from the wreck of the S.S. Central America, including the famed "Supernova," the monster toned 1857-S $20 in PCGS MS67 CAC. The sale ends with Set Registry quality classic commemoratives and a selection of rare patterns, including a copper striking of the famed Bickford $10.
"Legend Rare Coin Auctions’ focus on high-end and premium quality coins attracts only the best consignments," continued Ms. Abrams, noting "many of these coins came from collectors who focused on special coins. Their efforts are clearly seen in our auction presentation."
Selected highlights from Regency Auction 32 include:
- Lot 1. $1 1795 B-3, BB-13. Silver Plug. PCGS AU55 CAC. From the Pug Collection.
- Lot 3. $1 1799 PCGS MS64+ CAC. From the Pug Collection.
- Lot 4 $1 1842 PCGS MS64 CAC. From the Issaquah Estate. Ex. Eliasberg
- Lot 36 $1 1925-S PCGS MS65 CAC. From the Issaquah Estate
- Lot 73 $1 1879-CC Capped Die. PCGS MS65+ CAC
- Lot 95 $1 1882-S PCGS MS68+ CAC
- Lot 106 $1 1884-O PCGS MS67 DMPL
- Lot 129 $1 1889-CC PCGS MS64 CAC From the Coronet Collection II
- Lot 144 $1 1893-CC PCGS MS65 CAC From the Coronet Collection II
- Lot 190 1C 1859 PCGS PR66 CAM CAC From the Wolverine Collection
- Lot 201 1C 1873 Closed 3. PCGS PR66 RD CAC. From the Wolverine Collection
- Lot 227 10C 1893-O PCGS MS67 CAC From the Wolverine Collection, ex Eliasberg-Simpson
- Lot 228 10C 1897 PCGS MS67+ CAC From the Wolverine Collection
- Lot 251 1C 1856 Flying Eagle. PCGS PR65 CAC
- Lot 287 1C 1917-S PCGS MS65 RD CAC
- Lot 311 5C 1895 PCGS PR68
- Lot 325 5C 1913 Type 1. PCGS PR67+ CAC From the Northern Lights Collection
- Lot 380 25C 1796 PCGS AU50 Gold CAC From the Pug Collection
- Lot 381 25C 1804 PCGS MS63+ CAC From the Pug Collection
- Lot 398 25C 1898 PCGS PR68 DCAM
- Lot 424 50C 1873 Arrows. PCGS PR66 DCAM CAC
- Lot 466 50C 1952 PCGS MS67+ FBL CAC
- Lot 488 $5 1857-S PCGS MS65+ CAC From the S.S. Central America
- Lot 490 $20 1854 Kellogg. PCGS MS62+ CAC From the S.S. Central America
- Lot 493 $20 1857-S PCGS MS67 CAC "SUPERNOVA" From the S.S. Central America
- Lot 510 $2.50 1895 PCGS PR65 DCAM
- Lot 520 $5 1840-C PCGS MS64
- Lot 531 $5 1904 PCGS PR67+ CAM CAC
- Lot 550 $10 1907 Wire Rim. PCGS MS65+ CAC From the Pug Collection, earlier ex Frank Leech
- Lot 592 $20 1924-S PCGS MS64+ CAC
- Lot 632 $10 1874 J-1375. Bickford Eagle. PCGS PR62 BN CAC
Legend’s next auction is the Regency Auction 33, which is open for consignments until May 20. Contact a consignment specialist to consign today.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions (www.legendauctions.com) is a boutique numismatic auction company specializing in the finest and rarest U.S. coins. Founded in 2012 by Laura Sperber, the owner and president of Legend Numismatics, the premier rare coin retail firm.