A product that is always popular with collectors, the United States Mint at noon EST today will release its annual proof set of clad coinage. As an added bonus, every set shipped will also include a special "premium coin."
Traditionally, annual proof sets contain coins with the "S" mint mark of the San Francisco Mint. That tradition holds true for the 2019 Proof Set and its 10 coins. This year, however, buyers of the set will also receive a separately packaged proof cent with the "W" mint mark of the West Point Mint. No Lincoln cent has ever before held this mark.
Priced at $27.95, which is the same price as last year’s set, the complete list of coins when buying the 2019 Proof Set includes:
- 2019-S Native American dollar (Mary Golda Ross design)
- 2019-S Kennedy half dollar
- 2019-S Lowell National Historical Park (Massachusetts) quarter
- 2019-S American Memorial Park (Northern Mariana Islands) quarter
- 2019-S War in the Pacific National Historical Park (Guam) quarter
- 2019-S San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (Texas) quarter
- 2019-S Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (Idaho) quarter
- 2019-S Roosevelt dime
- 2019-S Jefferson nickel
- 2019-S Lincoln cent
- 2019-W Lincoln cent (premium coin packaged separately)
Six of the coins have one-year-only designs, including the quarter-dollars that are issued as part of the U.S. Mint’s ongoing America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. The program features five different designs annually with each honoring a unique site of national interest.
Honoring American Indians in the Space Program, this year’s Native America dollar is the other coin with a unique design.
Coins for circulation are made at the Philadelphia and Denver Mints. Proof coins from the San Francisco and West Point Mints are produced with extra care, featuring frosted designs set against mirror-like backgrounds. They are struck multiple times resulting in an increased level of detail using polished dies and hand-polished blanks.
The U.S. Mint offers the 2019 Proof Set from its online store, located here, or by calling toll-free at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
No mintage, household or order limits have been established.