Stack’s Bowers Galleries is pleased to announce a complete rebuild and relaunch of their online Auction Archives, available at archive.stacksbowers.com.
The site now features nearly 650,000 past auction records, including many Stack’s and American Numismatic Rarities sales dating back to 2002, which have not been available before.
"We invite everyone with an interest in numismatics and numismatic research to visit our site and explore their new access to this extremely important historical information," commented Brian Kendrella, company president. "At Stack’s Bowers Galleries, we continue to work toward providing the best client interface and best personal service in the hobby."
Added to the archives are famous auctions such as the Oliver Jung Collection (2004), the Frog Run Farm Collection (2004), the Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection of World Gold Coins (2005), the Cardinal Collection/A Gentleman’s Collection (2005), the Norweb Collection (2006), the Keusch, Snow & Del Zorro Collections (2008), the Philadelphia Americana Sale (2010), and the John J. Ford Collection Parts V to XXI, as well as many others.
Thousands of stunning high resolution images have also been added, allowing for close examination of auction lots. Stack’s Bowers Galleries is constantly adding to the archive as more data becomes available.
Features of the new Stack’s Bowers Galleries Auction Archives include:
- Industry-leading search speeds.
- Easily accessible and mobile friendly through your internet browser.
- Boolean search, allowing users to combine keywords with modifiers such as AND, NOT and OR to produce more relevant results.
- The use of quotation marks to enhance search results.
- Versatile sorting features.
- Robust filtering capabilities and guided search, with the ability to narrow the search results by:
- Category: (US Coins, US Currency, Numismatic Americana, Ancient Coins, World Coins, World Paper Money, U.S. Postage Stamps, and Minerals, Fossils & Oddities)
- Grading service
- Auction year/title/session
- CAC, Star, Plus
- Sold, passed
All auction records found in the archive are also accessible in Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ Previous Auction Prices Realized tool, available on all United States coin lot detail pages. This allows bidders to easily identify what similar coins have sold for in previous auctions. This data gives bidders more confidence in their bids, especially when accompanied by the data of multiple independent 3rd party price guides that is conveniently provided within the lot detail pages.
Stack’s Bowers Galleries (StacksBowers.com) conducts live, Internet and specialized auctions of rare U.S. and world coins and currency and ancient coins, as well as direct sales through retail and wholesale channels. The company’s 80-year legacy includes the cataloging and sale of many of the most valuable United States coin and currency collections to ever cross an auction block.