Unique rarities highlight Legend Rare Coin Auctions’ next sale event, The Regency Auction XXI held Thursday, May 18, at Harrah’s Hotel in New Orleans in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Show.
The 521-lot event will feature one of Legend’s "most diverse and impressive presentations of rare coins ever offered," the company stated.
Anchoring the sale are three named collections to include:
- The Bob Simpson Collection of Standard Silver Patterns, Part II.
- The Linda Collection of Mint State Trade Dollars.
- The Northern Lights Collection of Toned Morgan Dollars, Part IV.
Presented alongside these distinguished collections are quality rare coins from many important numismatists.
"There really will be something for everyone in this sale," declared LRCA president Julie Abrams. "We are really pleased with the way the sale took shape."
Greg Cohen, Senior Numismatist, noted that consignments for the event paced at a nice rate with sales news about the Linda, Simpson, and Northern Lights collections.
"We really are thrilled with the quality offering, the vast majority of the coins are PCGS-graded, and many are CAC as well," Cohen said. "The current crop of top end buyers is 100% quality conscious; we are so glad to be able to offer such a large number of quality rare coins for them."
Regency Auction XXI highlights include:
- Lot 19. 25C 1869 J-747. PCGS PR66 CAM CAC EX SIMPSON
- Lot 47. 25C 1870 J-894. PCGS PR68+ CAM CAC EX SIMPSON
- Lot 87. $3 1871 J-1167. PCGS PR66 RB CAC
- Lot 90. SHILLING. 1652 PINE TREE. LARGE PLANCHET. PCGS MS64 CAC EX FORD
- Lot 95. 1C 1793 WREATH, LETTERED EDGE. PCGS MS64 BN CAC
- Lot 197. 25C 1822 25/50C. PCGS MS65+
- Lot 304. $1 1798 SMALL EAGLE, 15 STARS. PCGS MS62+ CAC EX MILLER
- Lot 332. T$1 1877-S PCGS MS65+ EX LINDA COLLECTION
- Lot 348. $1 1882-S PCGS MS67+ CAC EX NORTHERN LIGHTS
- Lot 445. 1C-$1 1886 PROOF SET PCGS PR66-67
- Lot 477. $5 1852-C PCGS MS64 CAC EX BAREFORD-BASS
- Lot 490. $10 1908 MOTTO. MATTE PCGS PR67 CAC
- Lot 497. $20 1883 PCGS PR65 DCAM CAC
Legend Rare Coin Auctions (www.legendauctions.com), founded in 2012 by Laura Sperber is a boutique auction firm that handles the finest in U.S. rare coins. Every coin offered is vetted by two world class numismatists. As the official auctioneer of the PCGS Members Show, Regency Auctions are conducted four or five times a year and are limited to roughly 500 lots.
You go Laurie Sperber girlfriend!
It is appropriate that this rare coin auction is taking place in a casino! How ironic. You takes your chances…!