Earlier today, March 17, 2015, the United States Mint started selling the 2014 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set. No, this is not a typo. It is a 2014-dated product with every coin struck in 2014. The release follows a delay owing to improved packaging.
Pricing of the set is $139.95, matching that of the 2013 set which sold out at 47,971. The one from 2012 sold out at 50,169. This latest issue does feel more expensive with silver prices now near $15.50 an ounce compared to the $19.80 an ounce price when the 2013-dated set launched. The eight coins of these annual sets have a silver weight of 2.338 ounces troy ounces.
Included coins of the 2014 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set are:
- 2014-W American Eagle Proof Silver Coin (.999 fine silver)
- 2014-S Great Smoky Mountains Silver Proof Quarter (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Shenandoah Proof Silver Quarter (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Arches Proof Silver Quarter (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Great Sand Dunes Proof Silver Quarter (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Everglades Proof Silver Quarter (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Kennedy Proof Silver Half Dollar (.900 fine silver)
- 2014-S Roosevelt Proof Silver Dime (.900 fine silver)
Of note, these coins are not exclusive to the limited edition set. The proof Silver Eagle debuted by itself on Jan. 23, 2014 for $52.95, and it is found in the 2014 Congratulations Set for $54.95.
The other seven coins are part of the larger 2014 Silver Proof Set made available on April 29, 2014 for $53.95. Finally, the five 2014 quarters are also in the 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set issued on Jan. 21, 2014 for $31.95.
To order a 2014 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set, visit the United States Mint website at www.usmint.gov/catalog. A direct link to its online product page is here. Place orders also by calling the Mint’s customer service line at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
There are no household ordering limits but a mintage limit of 50,000 applies.