The United States Mint today, Dec. 23, announced that discounts are available by subscription for its core coins and sets. It also announced that it is extending other cost savings into 2014.
"On the heels of our free holiday shipping promotion, the United States Mint is offering additional ways for our new and existing customers to save on our products," said U.S. Mint Deputy Director Richard A. Peterson.
Discounts center around the Mint’s Online Subscription Program with cost savings continued into 2014 for certain silver products.
Subscription Discounts during Trial Promotion
A trial promotion is now available for the Mint’s subscription service. Under the promotion, a 10% discount is available on select products ordered through the program. The value offering is meant as a way to encourage customers to shop via the Mint’s online catalog at www.usmint.gov/catalog and reward those who opt for the convenience of the service.
The following products are listed as eligible for the 10% subscription discounts:
- 2014 Proof Set
- 2014 Silver Proof Set
- 2014 Mint Set
- 2014-W Proof American Silver Eagle
- 2014-W Uncirculated American Silver Eagle
- 2014 Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set
- 2014 Presidential $1 Coin Uncirculated Set
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Coin Set
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Circulating Coin Set
- 2014-P America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters Three-Coin Sets
- 2014 American Presidency $1 Coin Covers
According to the U.S. Mint, all discounts will be applied to both new and existing subscriptions and before shipping and handling charges are added.
Cost Savings on Silver Products
With silver prices still depressed, the United States Mint said that it would continue to offer its silver products at reduced prices. Affected items include the proof and uncirculated American Silver Eagles and the various silver proof sets.