GreatCollections is offering a selection of rare certified coins in their auctions ending April 29, 2012.
The group has been consigned by several consignors and includes one of the finest 1860 Three-dollar Gold Pieces known, graded Proof-65 by PCGS (prior to Cameo designations on holders) and verified by CAC. The coin is expected to sell for over $60,000 when it is auctioned on Sunday.
Another rarity on offer, coincidentally from the same year is the 1860-D Liberty Half Eagle graded PCGS MS-61. This coin last traded over 30 years ago, before PCGS was founded. Two bids have already been received on this coin, currently at $10,503.
Apart from the two 1860 gold coins, there are a number of other highlights including three rare Trade dollars from the 19th century, a 1907 High Relief graded PCGS MS-63, a key date 1927-S Double Eagle graded NGC MS-64 and more. In total, over 5,000 certified coins are currently listed on the GreatCollections website.
"Some of the coins on offer have not been on the market in over a decade. The 1860 Proof Three Dollar last traded in 1995, while the 1860-D was bought by the consignor over 30 years ago. Coins like this are in demand — I expect all of these rarities on offer will find new homes on Sunday" said Ian Russell, president of GreatCollections.
Russell continues, "Another highlight is a modern Silver Eagle set graded PCGS Proof-70 DCAM, which is currently bid at $8,250. The set excludes the 1995-W and has already received 31 bids."
All coins have been professionally imaged and are available for viewing at www.greatcollections.com. Clients can also view the coins by appointment at GreatCollections’s Irvine, California office.
Bidding is open now through Sunday, April 29, 2012. To register or view more information about this or other certified coins, please visit www.greatcollections.com or telephone 1.800.44.COINS.
Highlights from the April 29th Auctions by GreatCollections
- 1802 Draped Bust Silver Dollar NGC AU-55
- 1873-CC Trade Silver Dollar PCGS AU-55
- 1875-CC Trade Silver Dollar NGC MS-64
- 1883 Indian Princess Gold Dollar NGC MS-68
- 1911-D Indian Quarter Eagle NGC AU-58
- 1860 Three-Dollar Gold Piece PCGS Proof-65 CAC
- 1860-D Liberty Half Eagle Medium D PCGS MS-61
- 1907 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle High Relief Wire Edge PCGS MS-63
- 1927-S Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle NGC MS-64
- 1928 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle PCGS MS-66 CAC
- 1984-D Los Angeles XXIII Olympics Silver Dollar PCGS MS-70
- 1986-S – 2011-W Silver Eagle Complete Set PCGS Proof-70 DCAM (27 Coins)
- 1995-W Silver Eagle NGC Proof-69 UC
- 2009 MMIX Ultra High Relief $20 Gold First Strike PCGS MS-70
- Australia 2011-P $200 Gold Koala NGC Proof-70 UC
- South Africa 2010 Black Rhinoceros Gold Set NGC Proof-70 UC (4 Coins)
GreatCollections is an auction and direct sale venue for PCGS, NGC and ANACS certified coins, as well as coins approved by CAC. GreatCollections handles each coin transaction from start to finish. For sellers, GreatCollections offers professional imaging for each coin, cash advances as appropriate, and other individualized services generally not available with the large auction houses and other websites, freeing the seller to do nothing except collect the proceeds of the sale. Buyers benefit by entrusting a venue whose principals have years of coin experience and whose reputations in the industry are impeccable.