Internet coin auction company, GreatCollections, sold over $828,000 in certified coins during August, setting numerous company records with almost 2,000 coin auctions sold.
One of the many highlights of the month was the Anacapa Collection of U.S. gold coins, which realized $202,178 with a sell-through rate of 96%. This collection included several U.S. rarities, notably the 1866-S Liberty Eagle No Motto NGC AU-55 and 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief NGC MS-64.
On August 28th, GreatCollections sold a collection of 20th century gold coins for $66,000. The superb set of Indian Quarter Eagles was assembled over many years by a connoisseur of Quarter Eagles, and includes one of the finest 1911-D examples we have had the pleasure to handle. This ranks as one of the highest realizations for an online coin auction during 2011.
Ian Russell, President of GreatCollections said, "Since our launch earlier this year, we have grown rapidly, increasing both the number of coins we offer and the number of customers we serve. We attribute this growth to positive word-of-mouth, as more and more collectors and dealers realize that we offer outstanding customer service, a trusted alternative to eBay and other online venues, and absolutely the lowest fees in the industry."
Russell continues, "We have proven the depth of our client base, by selling coins worth $50, alongside coins worth upwards of $50,000. We are still accepting consignments for our September/October auctions, so please give us a call at 1-800-44-COINS and experience for yourself GreatCollections’s new way to buy and sell coins."
For more information about GreatCollections, including consigning coins to auction, please contact Ian Russell or Raeleen Endo at 1-800-44-COINS, 1-949-679-4180 or e-mail email@example.com.
August 2011 Auction Realization Highlights:
- 1888 Three-Dollar Gold Piece PCGS MS-64 sold for $7,436
- 1855-C Liberty Half Eagle NGC MS-60 sold for $9,086
- 1908-1929 Complete Indian Quarter Eagle Set NGC MS-64 sold for $66,000
- 1866 Liberty Eagle Motto NGC AU-58 sold for $18,260
- 1866-S Liberty Eagle No Motto NGC AU-55 sold for $20,900
- 1863 Liberty Double Eagle NGC AU-58 sold for $14,347
- 1876-CC Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS-61 CAC sold for $10,736
- 1907 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle High Relief Flat Edge NGC MS-64 sold for $26,125
- 1984-D Los Angeles Olympics PCGS MS-70 sold for $6,600
- 1993-P Silver Eagle NGC Proof-70 UC sold for $3,031
- 2008-W Gold Buffalo Proof Set (4) in Original Packaging sold for $6,876
GreatCollections is an auction and direct sale venue for PCGS, NGC and ANACS certified coins, as well as coins approved by CAC. GreatCollections handles each coin transaction from start to finish.
For sellers, GreatCollections offers professional imaging for each coin, cash advances as appropriate, and other individualized services generally not available with the large auction houses and other websites, freeing the seller to do nothing except collect the proceeds of the sale.
Buyers benefit by entrusting a venue whose principals have years of coin experience and whose reputations in the industry are impeccable.