The precious metals weren’t as precious this week with London silver, gold and platinum closing lower Friday compared to Monday’s highs.
London Fix numbers as reported at Friday’s close:
- Silver at $15.83
- Gold at $882
- Platinum at $1,560
The new and improved silver, gold and platinum weekly charts are below as well as two videos and two linked articles:
- A MarketWatch interview with a Kitco senior analyst titled, Gold at $1,000?
- Goldman Sachs Hints At $1,000 Gold Potential & Weaker Dollar
- Consultant GFMS predicts $1,000 gold this year
- A Reuters video report covering Friday index closes and reviewing the week in business
CoinNews London Fix Charts: Silver, Gold and Platinum
The London Fix is one of the most used bullion quotes around the world. The London AM fix for gold and platinum begins at 10:30am GMT (5:30am in New York), and the PM fix begins at 3pm GMT (10am in New York). The London Fix for silver begins each business day at 12pm GMT (7am in New York).
Will Gold reach $1,000 an ounce or higher?
In related news, two interesting article reads:
- Jan 16 – Goldman Sachs Hints At $1,000 Gold Potential & Weaker Dollar
- Jan 17 – Consultant GFMS predicts $1,000 gold this year
Business week wrap-up video by Reuters News
The three major US indexes lost ground this week:
- The Dow lost just under 60 points Friday to 12,099. The weekly decline by 4.02%.
- The S&P 500 lost 8 points Friday to 1,325. The S&P experienced the worst week in 5 1/2 years.
- Nasdaq gave up 6.9 points Friday to 2,340. It was down 4.10% for the week.
The video here includes these details and more:
CoinNews bullion related collector tools
Bullion related calculator and currency tools that may interest you: