2016 American Liberty Silver Medals Launching (Updated)

by Darrin Lee Unser on August 23, 2016 · 148 comments

2016 American Liberty Silver Medals and Packaging

2016 American Liberty Silver Medals and Packaging

Collectors may need to act fast today, Aug. 23, if they want to get 2016 American Liberty Silver Medals. They go on sale directly from the United States Mint beginning at noon Eastern Time (ET).

Demand is expected to be high for the two Liberty medals that share the same designs as found on last year’s 2015 $100 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin. Two versions will be available with one from the U.S. Mint at West Point and one from the U.S. Mint at San Francisco.

Mintage is limited with only 12,500 available of each option. A household limit of 2 medals from each minting facility also applies.

Medal Designs & Specifications

Medal obverses (heads side) feature a rendition of Liberty meant to symbolize the ideals of liberty, courage, and hope. United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Justin Kunz created the image and United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Phebe Hemphill sculpted it. LIBERTY, 2016 and the artist’s and sculptor’s initials finish the design.

2016 American Liberty Silver Medal

Obverse and reverse

Found on their reverse is the image of an American eagle rising in flight. The eagle is gripping a branch in its talons, completing the "embodiment of freedom" design. Artistic Infusion Program Designer Paul C. Balan designed the reverse with its sculpting the work of United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Don Everhart. An inscription reads UNITED STATES OF AMERICA with artist and sculptor initials joining the appropriate mintmark of either ‘W’ for West Point or ‘S’ for San Francisco.

The medals are struck on the same silver blanks as American Silver Eagles. Their specifications include:

Finish: Proof
Composition: 99.9% Silver
Content .999 Fine Silver (31.072 grams)
Balance Copper
Diameter: 1.598 inches (40.60 mm)
Weight: 1.000 troy oz. (31.103 grams)
Edge: Smooth
Mint: West Point or San Francisco
Mintmark: W or S

Ordering

Order 2016 American Liberty Silver Medals from the U.S. Mint for $34.95 each. The Mint’s product pages for the two are here and here.

Each medal is encapsulated and presented in a blue velvet presentation case. A certificate of authenticity is also included.

Update: Both medals are "currently unavailable." The "W" medal was unavailable within 6 minutes of launching. The "S" medal was unavailable within 8 minutes of going on sale. The U.S. Mint said the medals’ status would remain as unavailable until all order reconciliations and order cancellations have been processed.

Danny Morano August 24, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Anybody ever hear of “Liquid Sapphire “? Been using it for 5yrs. Comes in a 1 to 3oz. bottle, is a little pricey but it’s made for those who want to use their Proof coins for jewelry. Works great, even fills in small scratches. Heat oven to 350 degrees, use sham my to wipe coin off and start off with a thin coat using the soft brush that comes with it. Heat for 15 min. Let cool at room temp for 30 min. And apply two more coats. Do it right and there is no lumps, bubbles, streaking or drips. First Coin I did was an I.O.M half oz Angel proof . I wear it frequently and no scratches or problems in 5yrs.
I bought 2 of the Star Trek Deltas as the R.C.M. calls them and will make one into a pendant, just like the Ferengi Gold Pressed Latium Strip I had highly polished and the lettering plated in Rhodium. Got alot of compliments. If you would like to wear some of your coins in a ring or pendant, I highly recommend it. It’s like a sapphire crystal on a fine Swiss watch. Look for on google.

FLSharkvictim August 25, 2016 at 5:13 am

What a complete joke on the mint system on this coin, sold out in 6 minutes – REALLY COM ON!!! Tried using the website which crashed and then called at the same time and they were long gone by the time i COULD GET through.. What a bunch of BS, a coin with this type of low mintage should be one coin per household.

Rick August 25, 2016 at 9:49 am

It’s not even a coin, just a silver medal and not near as nice as the gold coin it purports to represent so I don’t see the high demand it garnered. That said I did buy one of the w mint marks just because I buy all coins minted at West Point.

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 10:14 am

Rick,

There’s some collectors who see most coins as inferior to most medals and one could just as easily assert that the 2015 gold American Liberty is “just a coin” in a disparaging way just as you have done in regards to the American Liberty silver medal.

I see the American Liberty silver medal as the best silver product the US Mint has released in quite a while for a number of obvious (to some) reasons. I commend the US Mint on developing this medal and I will encourage the US Mint to continue to develop high quality silver medals.

jerry in jersey August 25, 2016 at 10:24 am

CoinsA-Z,
I agree with you completely. I think the mint may be on to something good with these medals. If I’m not mistaken, I believe that congress has to authorize every coin the mint issues, but the mint has free reign to issue medals as they see fit.
I could be wrong about this.

Danny Morano August 25, 2016 at 11:45 am

This Medal, in your opinion the best the Mint has ever issued? No disrespect but, I must disagree. It is rather bland and is baically a copy of last year’s $100.00 Gold piece. They could have spent a little more time on the design and made a truly exceptional “Medal”
Respectfully, Danny

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 11:49 am

Hi Jerry,

I believe, but I could be mistaken, that the US Mint does require Congressional authorization for certain medals. It is an interesting question and I should probably contact the US Mint for clarity.

The great thing about medals is that in general there is less restrictions on the design….in other words more freedom of creativity and expression can be represented on a medal….operative word being “can”.

I am a big fan of high relief, detail driven medals regardless of the nation or mint of origin.

I don’t understand the folks who hold a resentment against medals yet attach an as of yet unexplained devotional-like obsession to coins which even could be more or less identical to a medal (except for the nominal value stamped into the coin). I really like the US Mint 5 oz silver ATB coins but not because they have a nominal 25 cent value and if this series were medals instead of 25 cent coins….I’m trying to understand why on earth should that be an issue for some people??? Makes no sense to me.

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Hi Danny,

If you bothered to read my actual words, you’d have seen that I did not state that I feel the 2016 Amer. Liberty silver medal is “the best the Mint has ever issued”

You are entitled to your opinions but not to conjuring up your own facts and misrepresenting what someone else has actually asserted.

I actually don’t feel that the design chosen for this medal was the best of all the possible design entries. While the obverse is quite a good choice in my opinion, I’d have chosen a different reverse…perhaps HR-R-04-C. The design candidates can be viewed here: http://www.coinnews.net/2015/01/22/2015-75-high-relief-gold-coin-design-candidates/

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 12:07 pm

I also like this reverse design candidate: HR-R-06 M which is included on this page here: http://www.coinnews.net/2016/03/15/2017-american-liberty-hr-gold-coin-and-silver-medal-design-candidates/

Danny Morano August 25, 2016 at 1:28 pm

You know everybody, it’s done and over with so why doesn’t everyone stop their complaining and Excuse Me if I got your email wrong. Chances are, thru the grapevine, more will be minted and in a set of 4 to 5 coins and medals. If not, theirs always ebay for those who have to get one at rediculous high prices. Remember what P.T. Barnum said. Words that everyone should remember. Medals, Schmedals, Medals are given to people who earned them in the Military and not bought from a Mint who’s goal is to make money and tick everybody who didn’t get one. God Bless America.

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Hey Danny,

It’s the context of some of the complaining that is irritating….if only some would spend less time complaining to strangers and shift that energy to spend more time on sharing constructive criticism with the person or entity who is the interested party of the criticism, then that would be a big step in the right direction.

What “grapevine” are you referring to? There’s no evidence whatsoever that the US Mint has suggested they will issue this medal in a set. Yes, we could conjecture that it’s possible they might do that….but conjecture is not part of a proverbial grapevine.

What are you talking about that P.T. Barnum commented on the US Mint medal program? What mind altering agent do you smoke before you get on your keyboard?? You are incoherent.

Mike Unser (CoinNews.net) August 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

We uploaded a video showing one of the medals at https://youtu.be/MzvLqy1xFWg. We’ll publish some photos of them soon.

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Mike,

Absolutely beautiful medal! Terrific quality video.

Seth Riesling August 25, 2016 at 6:13 pm

If you simply have to have one of these, MCM in Sarasota, Florida (same city NGC grading service is headquartered in) is offering them in OMP at $169.95 with free S&H. & higher prices for 69 & 70 slabed ones. LOL
Shop around people, as prices vary greatly in the early days & weeks after a sellout issue.
The Mint has had on its website for awhile now (before they ever posted photos) that the “mintage limit” is “None” This particular boxed medal as singles are limited to a “product limit” of 12,500 each, but the Mint can & probably will (due to demand) issue more in different product options such as a 2-medal set or a ASE coin & AL medal set or anything they want to do since this medal is not the product of Congressional legislation. Just ask members of the CCAC who recommended these & gave in to the Mint’s request not to strike these medals as high reliefs as originally planned. Mintage limit & product limit are two different things.

Danny, as you are a disabled veteran, I thank you for your service to the USA! My father served the USAF & NSA for 20 years & I saw in Japan & Germany what that service means.

Happy collecting everyone!

-NumisDudeTX

Seth Riesling August 25, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Mike Unser-

Thanks for the great video! I can’t wait to see them in person & trade my extra “S” for a “W” since I was only able to get 2 of the “S” medals when I placed my order (the “W” had sold out first).

-NumisDudeTX

Michael schweikowsky August 25, 2016 at 6:57 pm

If it was a 2 coin limit per house hold how can MOdern Coin Mart have hundreds for sale. The U.S. Mint tried to make buying fair but that didn’t last. How many big third parties get first crack at coins from the mint?
Really not fair to the average collector

CoinsA-Z August 25, 2016 at 8:32 pm

MCM is not the only dealer that occasionally (for what they perceive are the hottest items from the US Mint) offers its customers a premium to buy from them particular coins and medals that they buy from the US Mint.

I got such an offer from another dealer on the day the Amer Liberty silver medal was being released. That offer was considerably lower than what these coins are selling for on eBay so I it’s hard for me to imagine too many collectors who have a selling account on eBay and who are paying attention took that dealer up on the offer.

But, maybe lots of collectors do not sell on eBay.

Seth Riesling August 25, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Michael S. –

No one can order before noon ET. Their computer system has a built in error message check that kicks out any orders attempted before noon ET. I can assure you! The big companies pay friends, family, neighbors & their customers to order the limit for them & pay them about $25 per item or more depending on the product. It is not illegal since the limit is per household & the Mint has a computer program that cross checks all addresses to make sure no person or company gets more than the household limit. Anyone in the world with internet access & a credit card can order the household limit. It is as fair as the Mint can do. A limit if 1 item for the first week of issue per household is the only solution I can see to stop the crazy conspiracy theories!

-NumisDudeTX

joera August 25, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Seen it before and we will see it again. I didn’t even try to get these. I like the reverse and I might get a PCGS MS70 AFTER THE PRICES DROP!! Maybe NGC.

Danny Morano August 26, 2016 at 8:01 am

Just like the Guy who said I got it wrong when I quoted hint as saying in his email that it was the best silver medal ever minted, Reread my email and you’ll see I never mentioned Barnum saying anything about a medal from the mint. I was referring to his famous quote, ” Theirs a Suckered Born Every Minute. GET IT?

I.L. McDougal August 26, 2016 at 8:08 am

All,

I have been following along with the comment carousel on this product since prior to release, with both sides of the coin (I could NOT resist this) bringing some productive questions to the conversation.

I do understand completely that secondary market purchasing has created a frustration, understandably, within the collector consumer market due to the volume of re-sellers utilizing agents to increase their product supply during limited purchase runs, many times causing buyers that want the mint product for collecting purposes to go empty-handed.

I agree fully that this environment is creating an inflated and difficult collector platform on the behalf of these secondary re-sellers. However, I thought it was valid to point out that collector’s are playing a larger part to this end result than many people seem to be aware of.

The secondary market is extremely subjective. Meaning, the prices realized by sellers in this avenue are only realized when a buyer concedes to making the purchase. Often times, mostly I would say, these buyers are the collector’s that missed their original opportunity. This is especially true in the auction format, where buyers are bidding well above the known costs.

When looking at the situation objectively, and simply, through a financial scope, it isn’t difficult to see why this continues. The business model inherent within the US Mint business-end with it’s regards to these types of products is proving largely successful. Yes, it can be easily argued that the US Mint has an obligation ONLY to produce currency and make this currency available to the public within regulatory guidelines, and offer a high standard of quality on it’s collector products for the collector community.

However, the reality is simply that the current US Mint model is successful, federal and internal policy is being adhered to, and what is advertised is accurate. As far as the US Mint is concerned to this end, when these products sell out–they were successful.

When collectors then take to the secondary market and make the very conscious decision to purchase these products from a seller for elevated prices, this impacts the market. Collector’s paying $200 for 1 ozt. AG that the seller obtained for about 20% in cost, creates a viable margin and shows incentive to continue the seller’s practices.

Until we see a combined effort by collector’s in the secondary market to refuse to pay the inflated markups, we won’t see this practice go away. In fact, speculator population will just increase. The ‘ethics’ involved be damned.

I am a collector of US Mint products, I have been for a long time. Though I tend to feel I lean more on the realist and value side of collecting, rather than the card-carrying hardcore collector’s I know some of you are.

As a result, when I see an opportunity to create wealth off of a product in order to advance my personal collection, I will take this opportunity. For example, I purchased one of each mint mark of this product-line with the intention of adding them to my collection. However, seeing the recent incentive on the short-term, I made the decision to sell the product.

The money gained on the secondary market I will use to purchase the Gold Standing Liberty next month, something I want much more for my collection anyhow. Because this will be purchased with revenue over my principle on the silver medals, I am building wealth in my collection, even though the money is going right back into the US Mint.

Even though I consider myself a collector and I don’t come into the products with the intention to price gouge, I won’t ignore an opportunity to take a short to advance my long. This is simple economics.

Remember, it is a conscious decision to pay $150-200 for 1 ozt of silver. If you feel this is an unfair practice or there is foul-play on the business end of the US Mint, make the conscious decision to only pay retail or acceptable markups on products you want.

Again, I do understand the frustration. I have missed out on coins I wanted as well, and to this day I won’t go out and buy one if I think the value isn’t there on the secondary market–period.

Focus on building your wealth in your collection, enjoy what you are able to collect successfully, and make the conscious choice not to feed the sharks.

jerry in jersey August 26, 2016 at 10:38 am

I.L. McDougal:
Excellent analysis!

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 10:44 am

Hi Danny,

You are concocting dishonest claims…otherwise known as stating lies.

I’d written, “I see the American Liberty silver medal as the best silver product the US Mint has released in quite a while” There’s nothing at all ambiguous about my statement….no where does it suggest that I feel this medal is the best ever.

You lied by stating, “This Medal, in your opinion the best the Mint has ever issued? No disrespect but, I must disagree.”

Additionally, these are your words verbatim, “Remember what P.T. Barnum said. Words that everyone should remember. Medals, Schmedals, Medals are given to people who earned them in the Military and not bought from a Mint who’s goal is to make money and tick everybody who didn’t get one.”

Either you are a blatant liar because PT Barnum never commented on the US Mint medal program or you are woefully guilty of being unable to compose a coherent thought with that jumble of nonsensical gibberish you spewed. It’s one or the other. I gave you the benefit of the doubt initially and entertained the notion that you can write coherently but that you simply made up a silly claim regarding PT Barnum in order to try to validate your opinion. Either way you failed miserably.

Are you able and willing to dialogue with me rationally….I would very much like this to be the case but the ball is in your court as to whether or not this is possible.

Bilelle August 26, 2016 at 11:04 am

Coins A-Z
Give it a rest please with Danny. Please contribute something of value and not all the banter back and forth. Thank you in advance.
bilelle

Danny Morano August 26, 2016 at 11:11 am

The Medals, Schmedals was two different comments. Apologize if you took them as one. You throw the word “Liar” around like a person who has done some lying in his time. Personally, I think enough has been said about this Sham and everybody should make sure they have their S__t together for the Quarter, Proof Eagle and 50 cent piece. Enough is enough on this Medal, Schmedal, Everybody, enough is enough, I think all topics have been covered and let’s put it to bed before war is declared or we’re facing off at 10 paces. That statement was said in jest and not meant to insult or threaten. God Bless America. From a 100% Disabled Veteran with 22yrs Active Duty as a Navy Corpsman. 50 plus surgeries and 3 mor to come, including treatment for Asbestosis. I hope none of you have to go thru what I have. I’m 65 and feel the cold hands of Death closing in. Been Collecting since I was 10. My favorite, I.O.M. Angels, sadly not to be minted anymore. I have over 350 including the first and last. May God Bless you one and all. Respectfully, Danny.

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 11:25 am

I.L. McDougal,

Interesting comments.

First of all, it’s questionable whether the US model truly is successful or not. What exactly do you mean by “successful”? It could be reasonably argued that the US Mint is struggling to some degree in certain ways. Check out this article: https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2016/08/united-states-mint-to-hold-numismatic-forum.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=cw_editorial_rare&utm_content=
If it’s true that “…the numismatic hobby is declining,” one can not honestly expect others to believe that the US Mint has no role whatsoever in this and that if they are indeed convening a forum focused on trying to understand how to stimulate interest in coin collecting, that this would almost certainly mean that
they are dealing with some unfavorable figures. I commend the US Mint for trying to seek answers to something that is a problem for them but they wouldn’t be doing this if they had a successful model….at least not in the way I define “successful.”

Next, you seem to initially make an argument that sellers in the secondary coin market who charge very significant premiums (exorbitant, some would call it) on certain coins are in fact doing a service to coin collecting. You write, “As sellers become profitable in this way, others will want to join in. Because plainly, it’s just a smart financial position. In fact, I would warrant that many of the collector’s that successfully purchased these coins will sell some if not all of theirs at the increased return. Why? Well, it is just prudent to increase wealth when you have the opportunity.”

But you close your thread comment with a statement which comes across as completely antithetical to that when you write, “…and make the conscious choice not to feed the sharks.” Are these “sharks” the same sellers who by selling numismatic items at exorbitant prices and as a consequence “others will want to join in” to be commended or disparaged? “Sharks”, in the context you used it, is disparaging.

I would actually agree with your initial opinion or argument that the very high premiums realized by sellers in the aftermarket is overall a positive factor on the hobby….for at least one of the reasons you noted.

Finally, I think that there are a much greater percentage of people who are paying $100 – $150 (maybe more?) in the aftermarket for the recently released Amer. Liberty silver medal not because they are interested in playing the flipping (for profit) game, but rather because they are collectors and they want to add this medal to their collection for an indeterminable amount of time. Most might not care very much or at all that they can re-sell this medal at some point for a profit over the high price they already have paid.

I’d like for you to elaborate on these points if you so choose.

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 11:37 am

Hi bilelle,

your blatant favoritism isn’t helpful and make you credibility quite questionable. If you bothered to be objective, then you’d realize that Danny has engaged in fueling the flame by repeatedly making dishonest claims.

Also, if you would bother to read, you’d have noticed that I have contributed to this thread points far more valuable than you. Your contribution is more or less ragged on the US Mint because you are pissed that didn’t get an order in on time unlike thousands who did get in on time.

Could you please add something constructive to this discussion for once?

I.L. McDougal August 26, 2016 at 11:56 am

@CoinsA-Z

When I talk about success within the US Mint, I am referring these particular runs of limited products, success meaning the US Mint meeting it’s sales objectives planned for. Certainly not talking about the US Mint organization as a whole.

“Next, you seem to initially make an argument that sellers in the secondary coin market who charge very significant premiums (exorbitant, some would call it) on certain coins are in fact doing a service to coin collecting.”

First of all, this wouldn’t be an initial argument, considering it is well down the body of my content. However, to answer your question, this is not at all what I am relaying in this. Not even close. I am simply stating the point that on the secondary market seller end, it’s completely understandable that they will aggressively approach the situation, considering that there is a solid probability for large short-term gains. This is a statement regarding profitability of the issue at hand.

“Finally, I think that there are a much greater percentage of people who are paying $100 – $150 (maybe more?) in the aftermarket for the recently released Amer. Liberty silver medal not because they are interested in playing the flipping (for profit) game, but rather because they are collectors and they want to add this medal to their collection for an indeterminable amount of time”

You are just stating a reiteration of my point as I clearly stated, “Often times, mostly I would say, these buyers are the collector’s that missed their original opportunity”. Meaning the buyers on the secondary market are made of of mostly collectors.. So I am unsure what you fully mean by this statement…

Bilelle August 26, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Spoken like a real political hack. Try to change the topic and at the same time pat yourself on the back.
Any contributions you think you have made are basically down the tubes with your behavior with Danny. I tried to be nice in asking you to drop it but you showed your true colors by running your mouth more.
The attitude you show here is quite offensive.
Again I will ask you to drop your unproductive discussion, but I doubt that you are capable of being polite.
Hope you enjoy your day Pissing and moaning, ragging and trying to make everyone think you are something you are not.
bilelle

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Hi I.L. McDougal,

Thanks for replying.

An argument or position isn’t necessarily just one paragraph and doesn’t have to be early in a comment in order for it to be the initial argument. Since an argument can (and often a good argument does) span numerous paragraphs, the summation paragraph can certainly come midway or later in one’s comments. Also, “initial” is not necessarily meant to replace “first”. “Initial” in the context I used it means in juxtaposition to the seemingly contradictory position / argument that happened to come at the end of your comment. That’s what I was referring to in my previous comment where I’d written “initial”….not to be confused with “first”.

As for your contention that you meant something completely different, that wasn’t obvious at all from your comments such as this: “As sellers become profitable in this way, others will want to join in. Because plainly, it’s just a smart financial position. In fact, I would warrant that many of the collector’s that successfully purchased these coins will sell some if not all of theirs at the increased return. Why? Well, it is just prudent to increase wealth when you have the opportunity.” “Others” could, in the context you used it in, be easily construed as people on the outside (of the hobby) looking in (looking at the profits made by coin sellers and therefore looking at the endeavor of coin collecting and buying for profit).

Who exactly are these “others” you are referring to?

As for you claiming to have made the point I made about most collectors not looking to flip coins or medals that they paid exorbitant prices for (far above the retail release price), it wasn’t at all clear in your comments especially since you’d written, “I would warrant that many of the collector’s that successfully purchased these coins will sell some if not all of theirs at the increased return. Why? Well, it is just prudent to increase wealth when you have the opportunity.”

Why would you perceive that “many” collectors would buy coins at exorbitant prices with the thought just to flip them to someone else for even more exorbitant prices? The individuals you are describing aren’t the typical coin collector but rather the coin flipper, based on my experience. The great majority of the coin collectors I know would pay exorbitant prices on a brand new modern coin or medal only for the purpose of adding to their collection….not with the view of attempting to flip the item for an even more exorbitant price than the exorbitant price s/he paid.

On the other hand, it is far, far more plausible that a collector who purchased the coin or medal direct from the US Mint might want to sell it in the aftermarket for a significant premium….but that’s quite different from someone who buys the item in the aftermarket at an exorbitant price to begin with.

Have a nice day.

charles August 26, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Seth
Thanks for the update on the 2016 silver Liberty Medal Price’s in the secondary Market, glad to hear you got half lucky with getting S mint medal, still on the Hunt for both

TrueThat

jerry in jersey August 26, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Whether coin or medal , I only buy and collect those items that are beautiful or have some special significance to me. I’m not in it to make a quick buck. I’m very selective about what I buy. I simply enjoy owning beautiful coins and medals. To me they are often miniature works of art and lovely to gaze upon.

Seth Riesling August 26, 2016 at 1:23 pm

charles –

I hope you shop around a lot if you must have these medals now & conduct a comprehensive price comparison as prices vary greatly from one dealer to another on these medals now in the secondary marketplace. If you have patience, the “frenzy” over these will subside somewhat & prices will become more stable & reasonable in time IMHO. One option is to ask members of your area coin clubs if they have extras to sell or trade for duplicate coins or other medals in your collection. Good luck!

-NumisDudeTX

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 2:35 pm

bilelle,

your absurd accusations and comments make you a blatant hypocrite…please come down from your ivory tower, you are not better than everyone else just because you feel you are entitled to a different rule book than anyone else you willfully rag on and make unwarranted inflammatory remarks toward.

Your arrogance is not something you should be proud of bilelle.

Danny Morano August 26, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Everyone, see how it’s spreading? Seriously and with all respect it’s time to move on from the “Medal” and get everything in order for the Gold Quarter. No pun intended. Seriously, best of luck to everyone, this and the next few will be hot sellers and the big guys will be out in force.

Danny Morano August 26, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Now it’s dishonesty, Dishsmonesty. EVERYBODY, YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH ELDERY LADIES (NO DISRESPECT ) ARGUING AT A BINGO GAME. IT’S DONE AND OVER WITH, GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON. WRONG OR RIGHT, IT’S DONE AND OVER WITH AND NOTHING ANYBODY SAY’S WILL CHANGE A THING.
I BET THEIR LAUGHING THEIR BUTTS OFF AT THE MINT.

joera August 26, 2016 at 5:26 pm

I USE TO READ EVERY COMMENT HERE BUT MAN! CAN’T WE JUST GET ALONG!! We are all different in the ways we think and feel.

Seth Riesling August 26, 2016 at 6:26 pm

This forum has gotten very ugly quickly & for no real substantive reason (just inflated or hurt egos). But, I am all in for venting frustrations in a healthy, respectful adult discussion. Almost nobody cared about medals on this blog website until now! I was one of the few who ever even posted comments about medals here over the past few years. As a former member of the American Medallic Sculpture Association (AMSA) in the late 80s & early 90s, I attended their conferences, exhibitions, seminars & workshops all over the USA & medals are a large part of my numismatic collection. I enjoy sharing info & learning from others here. If you have any serious questions, I would be happy to attempt to answer them.

-NumisDudeTX

CoinsA-Z August 26, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Hi Seth,

It’s nice to know that there is another individual who has a penchant for medals and an interest for sharing and learning about medals….that describes one of my main numismatic goals as well.

My first medal purchase was back in the mid to late 1980’s long, long, long before I ever purchased my first coin. Qualitatively and aesthetically, most medals are far superior to most coins as I see it but obviously to each their own.

Do you have favorite areas of medal collecting….i.e., by country, subject, period, sculptor, type, size, etc, etc?

joera August 26, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Seth
You are so right. I don’t have any medals. But I do like this one a little. That is why I might get a graded one. I knew it was going to be bad at the Mint but this on here, I never thought it would have been what it has become. I guess we all have our gripes but man.

Danny Morano August 27, 2016 at 9:30 am

I Earned my first Real Medals in Vietnam. Including a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star with a”V”. Not Mint bought although I did get a “W” and an “S” this time around, along with others. What chest Candy do ya’ll have?

Danny Morano August 27, 2016 at 9:34 am

AMEN TO YHAT!

Dave in MD August 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Well, i know that I logged in at noon, got one of each and was done- they arrive Tuesday. I’m not a big secondary seller, just a beginner collector (started in 2010) – i dont want to assume, but I would guess most have an account with the mint- seems like the best way to order.

Christopher Williams August 29, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I received my four today and they are beautiful!!!

I sold two and I am keeping the other two.

CoinsA-Z August 29, 2016 at 10:47 pm

@ Christopher,

Congrats! Did you sell on eBay?

Matt September 2, 2016 at 11:32 pm

These are absolutely the most overtly feminist biased designed coins that I have ever seen.
I loathe ALL of them and if these replace the AE Silver Eagle well I can call my Eagle collection complete.

It’s pretty obvious the obama Administrations heavy hand never ceases eveb in our currency.
I pray the classic will not be replaced with this Gloria Steinem version.

Who decided to de-fang one our National symbols to have NO arrows in its quiver? Not a coincidence in our slide into  Progressive policies of the last 15 years.

Hopefully this effeminate design dies quickly like jimmy carters the Susan B. Anthony disaster.

The best design is AEP-R-17 the Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Happiness. Classic design of strength & peace, art deco classic look.
Worst some girl reading a random book?!

Again, first noticed lack of arrows on the gold piece of the same and that shocked me but hey the dumbed down masses are clueless.

Coins reflect history & teach history they’re not a “safe space” for today’s Social Justice Warriors.

CoinsA-Z September 3, 2016 at 7:51 pm

SJW’s rule! 🙂

Seth Riesling September 4, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Matt, & CoinsA-Z –

Hi, my name is Seth & I am a SJW! I am also gay & respect women’s rights and their historical right to vote since 1920 under the US Constitution.
Matt, you will love the US Mint’s 2020 Women’s Suffrage commemorative coins! Canada issued a $1 coin this year celebrating their centennial of the right of women to vote. Beautiful, historic coin for sure!

-NumisDudeTX