The Commission of Fine Arts (CFA) will meet Thursday, Jan. 22, to discuss candidate designs for upcoming United States Mint products to include a 2015-dated $75 high relief coin in 24-karat gold and a companion high relief silver medal. CoinNews.net will publish all the design images on Thursday.
Also, a week from today, on Tuesday, Jan. 27, the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will meet to review the same designs, plus a few others. The meeting will extend into a second day to discuss several other unique 2016-dated anniversary products.
Specifically, the CCAC’s agenda on Tuesday, Jan. 27 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. ET is to:
- Review and discuss themes for the 65th Infantry "Borinqueneers" Congressional Gold Medal
- Review and discuss candidate designs for the 2015 High Relief 24K Gold Coin and Silver Medal
- Review and discuss candidate designs for the Jack Nicklaus Congressional Gold Medal
- Review and discuss themes for the 2017 Twentieth Anniversary American Eagle Platinum Bullion Coin Program
- Review and discuss themes for the 2018-2020 American Eagle Platinum Bullion Coin Program
Then on Wednesday, Jan. 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., the committee will:
- Review and discuss themes for the 2016 National Park Service 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program
- Review and discuss themes for the 2016 24K Gold Coin Anniversary products (Mercury Dime, Walking Liberty Half Dollar, Standing Liberty Quarter)
Open to interested members of the public, the CCAC meetings will take place at:
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
Conference Rooms A and B, second floor
Washington, D.C. 20220
The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee is responsible for reviewing and advising the Secretary of Treasury on U.S. designs for medals and coins.
I suggested a set of high relief silver proof (maybe double dated) coins to celebrate their centennials: Mercury dime, Standing Liberty quarter, Walking Liberty half. Doesn’t look like that’ll happen. An idea, anyway.
the gold dollar coin should carry $1000 face value, or should think about making$500, $1000 , $2000 gold coin use for trade , I am sick of Fake paper currency,
They must focus on creativity and value focus .Look aroud to a new generation of collectors prosperity and growth .Create series that give hope of economic benefit to collectors,enough drawers full of worthless (STUFF)
Wish there was some way the distant public could call into a conference line to listen or maybe even participate in these meetings.
CFA and CCAC need to study the. B H Mayer German private mint as well as others world mints and start fresh new material enough recyling.
How do the majority of coin collectors and industry suppliers (Citizens) able to voice their opinions to the CCAC if we do not live in or close to DC?
Why not set a meeting of the CFA in Phila, home of the mother mint?
That doesn’t help the rest of us in the country. This needs to be a conference call everybody can call into to listen and contribute.