DALLAS, TX — The Official Currency Auction of the 2010 Central States Numismatic Society Convention in Milwaukee will be conducted by Heritage Auctions April 28 to May 3.
The auction will include three floor sessions and an online session. Lot viewing will be conducted at the Midwest Airlines Center, Rooms 201 A thru D, 400 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203 and the floor sessions will be held in Rooms 203 A and B.
Session One starts Wednesday evening, April 28, at 6 p.m. CT, and includes Colonials, Fractional Currency, Obsoletes, Confederate Notes, and Canadian Currency. Featured lots include:
- Fr. 1330 50¢ Third Issue Spinner PMG Gem Uncirculated 66 EPQ;
- a rare Kirtland, OH – The Kirtland Safety Society Bank $50 Mar. 9, 1837 G16 Wolka 1424-16 Rust SV6;
- New Orleans, LA- Citizens’ Bank of Louisiana $10 Uncut Sheet of "Dixie" Notes PMG Choice Uncirculated 63;
- T2 $500 1861 PF-1 PMG Choice Very Fine 35; and a unique
- Windsor, NS- Commercial Bank of Windsor $20-$20-$20-$20 Ch. 195-10-02S Uncut Specimen Sheet PMG About Uncirculated 50.
National Bank Notes will be sold during Session Two, on Thursday, April 29 at 6 p.m. CT. The auction includes Part II of selections from the Lone Star Collection, an assemblage of National Bank Notes formed over three decades consisting of the very finest notes that could be obtained from Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
The consignor’s Arkansas collection is almost certainly the finest ever formed, with his Oklahoma holdings ranking as one of the two greatest collections ever formed on that state, and the Texas collection rivals any ever assembled save for that of William Philpott.
Among the notes from the collection being offered are a unique Serial Number One $50 Date Back from Oklahoma Madill, OK – $50 1882 Date Back Fr. 564 The First NB Ch. # (W)5404 PMG Very Fine 20 and Marietta, IT – $10 1882 Brown Back Fr. 490 The Marietta NB Ch. # (W)5958 PMG About Uncirculated 55.
Additional National Bank Note highlights from Session Two include:
- Oakland, CA – $10 1875 Fr. 419 The Union National Gold Bank Ch. # 2266 PCGS Very Fine 35PPQ;
- Serial Number One Lead, SD – $5 1882 Brown Back Fr. 472 The First NB Ch. # 4631 PMG Very Fine 30; and
- Serial Number One Lake Ronkonkoma, NY – $20 1929 Ty. 1 The NB of Lake Ronkonkoma Ch. # 13130 PMG About Uncirculated 55 EPQ
The floor sessions of the auction will conclude with the Friday evening Session Three offering of Small Size Currency, Error Notes, and Large Size Type Notes. The session will begin at 6:00 p.m. CT. Small Size selections include:
- Fr. 2221-H $5000 1934 Federal Reserve Note PMG Choice Extremely Fine 45 Net;
- Fr. 2231-J $10000 1934 Federal Reserve Note PMG Extremely Fine 40 Net; and
- Fr. 2407 $500 1928 Gold Certificate PMG Choice Very Fine 35
Among the numerous error lots being presented are:
- Fr. 1935-H $2 1976 Federal Reserve Notes Blank Back Error With Bookends PMG Choice Uncirculated 63 EPQ;
- Fr. 1911-K $1 1981 Federal Reserve Note with Obstruction and Shift Errors PCGS Very Fine 25; and
- Fr. 275 $5 1899 Silver Certificate Scarce $5 1899 Napier/McClung Invert PMG Very Fine 30.
Large Size Type Notes will be offered at the conclusion of the floor sessions. Featured lots include:
- Serial Number One Battleship Fr. 757 $2 1918 Federal Reserve Bank Note PMG Choice Uncirculated 64,
- one of only four Serial Number One Battleships known for all of the Friedberg Battleship numbers; and
- Fr. 161 $50 1880 Legal Tender PMG Superb Gem Unc 67 EPQ
The 1200+ Lot Non-Floor Session of the 2010 CSNS Heritage Currency Auction will be available for viewing in Milwaukee and closes on Heritage Live on Monday, May 3, starting at 2:00 p.m. CT.
About Heritage Auctions
Heritage Auctions, headed by Steve Ivy, Jim Halperin and Greg Rohan, is the world’s third largest auction house, with annual sales more than $600 million, and 500,000+ registered online bidder members.
For more information about Heritage Auctions, and to join and gain access to a complete record of prices realized, along with full-color, enlargeable photos of each lot, please visit HA.com.
Want to get the up-to-the-minute updates and breaking news stories about Heritage Auctions? Get them as they happen at: Twitter.com/HeritagePress; Twitter.com/JimHalperin; Facebook: Heritage Auction Galleries.