The United States Mint will offer the 2009 DC & US Territories Quarters Silver Proof Mint Set at noon ET on Monday, March 23. The six-coin set has a price tag of $29.95, plus shipping and handling.
Traditional annual coin sets are always very popular with collectors, but unlike the standard 2009 Quarters Proof Set, which launched on Jan. 5 and is priced at $14.95, the six quarter-dollars in the silver set are struck in 90 percent silver.
The set includes the honoring coin reverse designs:
- District of Columbia (DC) – Duke Ellington
- Puerto Rico – Isla del Encanto (Island of Enchantment)
- Guam – Guahan I Tanó ManChamorro (Guam, Land of the Chamorro)
- American Samoa -Samoa Muamua Le Atua (Samoa, God is First)
- U.S. Virgin Islands – United in Pride and Hope
- Northern Mariana Islands – Latte stone on an island with a Carolinian canoe
Each quarter is produced at the US Mint in San Francisco and bears the "S" mintmark.
Ordering proof set
When available, the 2009 quarter collection may be ordered online through the Mint page:
The Mint accepts telephone orders via their toll-free number, 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468).
Upon the conclusion of the DC & US Territories Quarter Program, the Mint will begin striking National Park Quarters for 2010 and beyond.