Today at 12:00 noon (ET), 2008 Bags and Rolls of Kennedy Half-Dollars and Sacagawea Golden Dollars go on sale. The United States Mint previously announced the release and sale of the following product options:
2008 Sacagawea Golden Dollar
- 25-Coin Roll, Philadelphia for $35.95
- 25-Coin Roll, Denver for $35.95
- 250-Coin Bag, Philadelphia for $319.95
- 250-Coin Bag, Denver for $319.95
This year, similar to last, new 2008 Sacagawea Dollars will not be made and placed into normal circulation. They will only be made for coin collectors until their return with the new Sacagawea designs in 2009.
2008 Kennedy Half-Dollar
- Two-Roll Set for $32.95 (one roll of 20 coins from the Mint facility in Philadelphia and one roll of 20 coins from Denver)
- 200-Coin Bag for $130.95 (100 coins minted in Philadelphia and 100 minted in Denver)
Given that the U.S. Mint’s online ordering system is currently unavailable, it may be best to simply wait for its return before placing an order. It’s extremely unlikely these offerings would "run out" due to inventory shortages and orders placed through the phones.
As just mentioned, however, orders can placed using the Mint’s toll free number 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Mint Customer Service Representatives are available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (ET), seven days a week. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers may place orders and inquiries through TTY at 1-888-321-MINT (6468), Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).