Twenty-four sponsors contributed $111,000 in support of the American Numismatic Association’s 2009 World’s Fair of Money®, Aug. 5-9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
"The support for this year’s convention has been incredibly strong," said David Truesdell, ANA sales and sponsorship manager. "We’re thrilled that in this tough economy so many businesses and dealers see value in the marketing opportunities the ANA offers at the World’s Fair of Money.
Our sponsors not only benefit from their marketing investment, but also contribute greatly to helping the ANA provide great educational programs and numismatic exhibits at no cost to our members."
Title Sponsors receive a variety of benefits, which include having their names and logos on bags for the show’s projected 10,000-to-12,000 visitors, and on the welcome banner at the bourse entrance, as well as free advertising in the convention program. All primary sponsors receive free or discounted convention program advertising, recognition on signage and sponsor ribbons for their staffs, plus other benefits.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC)
- The Royal Mint/GovMint.com
- Arcade Currency Palace
- Sheridan Downey
- Heritage Auction Galleries – Registration Drawing, the Meeting Place and the Message Center
- Collateral Finance Corporation (CFC) – "Internet Perks" café
- Fred Weinberg & Company – Big screen TV, floor pages and floor bourse map
- Medalcraft Mint – New-member promotional medal
- Main Line Coin and Numismatic Financial Corporation, Inc. – Wristbands
- Delaware Valley Rare Coin – Big screen TV
- Park Avenue Numismatics – Big screen TV
- PCGS – Big screen TV
- Spectrum – Museum Showcase
- U.S. Coins – Message Center
- Teletrade – Membership lanyards
- American Heritage Minting – The Meeting Place
- Anthony Terranova – YN Auction
- Silver Towne – Guided bourse tours
- Stack’s – YN auction catalog
- Abbott’s Coinex Corporation – World Mint Theatre
- Angel Dee’s Coins & Collectibles – Girl Scout clinic
- Marc One Numismatics – Boy Scout clinic
- Kagin’s – Registration pens
- The Coin Dealer Newsletter – Treasure Trivia
For more information on future convention sponsorship or other marketing opportunities with the ANA, call 719-482-9847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The World’s Fair of Money is the largest coin show in the country, and features more than 1,100 ANA-member dealers, a Museum Showcase with world-class numismatic rarities, a wide array of educational programs, a Collector Gallery featuring fascinating exhibits created by ANA members, a Mint Promenade with mints from throughout the world, a $1 billion display by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and a special exhibit presented by the United States Mint. For more information, visit www.worldsfairofmoney.com or call 719- 482-9857.
The show is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $6 ($20 for a five-day pass), and free for ANA members and children 12 and under.
G. Lee Kuntz is the event’s General Chairman and Bill Grant is the Honorary Chairman. The California State Numismatic Association, Numismatic Association of Southern California and Verdugo Hills Coin Club are the event’s host clubs. The Glendale Coin Club, Long Beach Coin Club and Unrecognized States Numismatic Society are the event’s honorary host clubs. Bowers and Merena Auctions is the official auction company.
About American Numismatic Association
The American Numismatic Association is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to encouraging people to study and collect money and related items. The ANA helps its 32,000 members and the public discover and explore the world of money through its vast array of education and outreach programs, as well as its museum, library, publications, conventions and seminars. For more information, call 719-632-2646 or visit www.money.org.